WestJet To Add Capacity, Keep Older Planes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WestJet To Add Capacity, Keep Older Planes

WestJet Airlines Ltd. (WJA.T) will delay the retirement of its Boeing 737-200 fleet and boost capacity by 35% this year in the wake of the demise of chief rival Jetsgo, the CBC reported on its Web site Friday.

WestJet chief executive Clive Beddoe spoke to reporters in Calgary, the broadcaster said.

Earlier this year, Beddoe had said growth at the Calgary-based airline would be limited to 17% in 2005, about half the 30% annual expansion it has averaged over the past few years.

- The baby will be back -

No surprises there.... WJ will need to pick up the extra capacity for sure.
    My Jetphotos.net Images

Comment

Wonder what AC is gona do?

Also any chance of US starting FLL-YYZ or YUL?

Comment

Originally posted by expoITHscohen
        Bring their dc-9s back out of mojave

Comment

Originally posted by expoITHscohen
          beg investors for more money to buy planes to fill capacity

Comment

Originally posted by Da-BoB
            beg investors for more money to buy planes to fill capacity
            There is suppose to be a widebody order by the end of the month . Possibly 777s, 787s or A350s. I guess we just have to wait and see. I hear AC is not too happy with their current A345s. As for regionals, the Embarers and Bombardier Crj700s all are coming in this summer. I think AC has been planning for this in advance. Just my speculations though

Comment

Originally posted by andrew_c
              I hear AC is not too happy with their current A345s.

were did you hear that?
              -Kevin

Comment

Just wait until oil hits $90 a barrel
                Just kidding my friends!

Comment

Originally posted by ACman
                  were did you hear that?
                  From some aviation sites, people with air canada. Look around, its all over the place.

Comment

Originally posted by andrew_c
                    From some aviation sites, people with air canada. Look around, its all over the place.
                    I, for one, am very satisfied with the A345. The product is good, at least on the passenger perspective

andrew_c: I haven't read about AC being not satisfied with their A345 either. Would you mind telling me where to look for such information?

I seem recalled that AC7/8 (YYZ-HKG on A345) were delayed 2 hours or more everyday during the past Christmas break. As a matter of fact, I think AC15/16 (YVR-HKG on A343) was too. Would this have anything to do with the said unsatisfactory operation?

Comment

Ive read it on Airliners.net and AVcanada. I dont know the details for sure so I wont expand, however I will keep searching for an answer.

Comment

I am affriad Andre is RIGHT!!! AC from numerous AC employies (Moms old friends) have said that AC is not happy with the way the 345 is running now and a lot of the 343 have started to have some machanical problems as well. We will se what A/C picks but I can assure you it WON'T be the 340 series.

Comment

Working...
                        X