Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cut-off photos

Dear Sir
    There are 2 particular photos in the database relating to a Fokker 100 aircraft VH-NHJ - 8342854 (yes, taken by myself) & 8436001 taken by another enthusiast.
    Whilst I acknowledge that with respect to exposure, sharpening and composition etc, 8436001 is technically a good photograph. However, I am curious to know by what standard it represents an acceptable photograph of a Fokker 100 aircraft VH-NHJ for the purposes of jetphotos or FlightRadar24 when a portion of the port side wing is the only part of the aircraft visible. Unless the viewer can identify the wing surface components, I am not sure how anyone could link that view directly to a Fokker 100 let alone the particular aircraft VH-NHJ.
    I would be grateful if you could advise how this photograph was accepted?

Moved to the correct forum.

The image that you refer to is known as a "wing view" where the the photographer was sitting in the aircraft concerned and uploads with the data of that aircraft. Refer to item 2.2 of the upload guidelines please.

As far as I am aware FR24 don't use wing view shots. Don't be tempted to not select wing view though in an attempt to get FR24 use as the upload will be rejected for missing categories.
    Last edited by brianw999; 2016-12-07, 09:50.
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by Leocam View Post
      Dear Sir
      There are 2 particular photos in the database relating to a Fokker 100 aircraft VH-NHJ - 8342854 (yes, taken by myself) & 8436001 taken by another enthusiast.
      Whilst I acknowledge that with respect to exposure, sharpening and composition etc, 8436001 is technically a good photograph. However, I am curious to know by what standard it represents an acceptable photograph of a Fokker 100 aircraft VH-NHJ for the purposes of jetphotos or FlightRadar24 when a portion of the port side wing is the only part of the aircraft visible. Unless the viewer can identify the wing surface components, I am not sure how anyone could link that view directly to a Fokker 100 let alone the particular aircraft VH-NHJ.
      I would be grateful if you could advise how this photograph was accepted?
      Take a look here:

Photos with 'Wing View' category

You can see we have more than 30,000 images of this type already accepted on the DB. As Brian said, photos within this category are automatically excluded from showing up on FR24, so you needn't be concerned about that being an issue.

Comment

Working...
      X