Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tamron 150-600mm G2

Hi,

Are there any Tamron 150-600 G2 users here? I'm thinking about switching to this lens from my Canon 100-400 mk1, and I'm not quite sure if it's worth it. Ofcourse Canon is very good, but Tamron's focal lenght and better image stabilization is so tempting...

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Hi,

I use the Tamron 150-600 G2 for almost 2 months now. Mounted on a cropped sensor (Nikon D5500 in my case) the reach is awesome (225-900).
    Up to 450mm it's sharp and quite stable; at 600mm it's slightly softer and needs a bit of practice but you can definitely get some good shots including planes cruising at high level.
    Regarding the stabilization I only used the mode 1 so far. It can take a bit of time to lock but all in all it works well to me.

Of course I compared with the Sigma 150-600 (too heavy for handheld I'm afraid) and Nikkor 200-500 (heavier and shorter range, especially 200 is narrower than 150 and it can be a limit too). Needless to say that I use the Tamron only handheld so weight was a key argument in my decision.

I'm really happy with my investment. My previous lens was a Nikkor 55-300 and between 150-300mm, the Tamron is sharper as per my experience!

You can check my profile https://www.jetphotos.com/photographer/90721, most of the latest pictures were made with the Tamron (check the EXIF).

Kind regards,

Seb

Comment

Originally posted by pawelm View Post
      Hi,

Are there any Tamron 150-600 G2 users here? I'm thinking about switching to this lens from my Canon 100-400 mk1, and I'm not quite sure if it's worth it. Ofcourse Canon is very good, but Tamron's focal lenght and better image stabilization is so tempting...

Any suggestions?

Thanks
      Hello. Just from my conversations with other photographers. If you have a Canon camera, keep to Canon lenses and if you have Nikon, sick to Nikon lenses etc..

You can fix the stabilization of your photo in PS in the smart sharpen category and the motion blur. I started using it recently and i am amazed at how crisp my photos are now. What you could always do is stick to a Canon 100-400mm lens and get a new one with a very low f/stop if yours doesn't have it. Then I would get a converter. I know it reduces the aperture range, but you can take it off as the light gets darker. You shouldn't need to go below an aperture of 8 in day. But other than that, the Tamron lens that you are going for is a great lens. I am not a fan of Tamron as their lenses normally have aperture issues. But if you can, I recommend the L lens series. Really good. Can't go wrong with it

Comment

I've had the version 1 version for almost 4 years, and while it is soft towards 600mm, I have been able to get some good shots with it(mainly wildlife). I sold my Canon 100-400 after I bought the Tamron and haven't regretted it once.

Doug

Comment

Working...
        X