Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is to blame for this airshow crash ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is to blame for this airshow crash ?

I came across this article and this gives an excellent insight of the mistakes that cause accidents and which led to the recent crash on the Australia Day. There is a recent trend of filming such videos and making sensational news out of it but being pilots we know these could have been avoided.
    So who is to be blamed for all this and can they be avoided??

linky appears to be broken

Comment

If the article is right, and the pilots knew things were amiss, it's probably their fault as they have the final say and the wheel thingy to drive to the crash.

That's basically the law.

Pressures? Human factors? $$$? Yeah, they have influence, but as to how "we" fix it???...enjoy the parlour talk.
      Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Howard Jones - No One Is To Blame (from the CD "Best Of")

Comment

Brill-yunt!
          Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

I hadreply to the thread yet because it seemed so obvious that I thouhg I was getting it wrong. The pilot is to blame!!! (unless there was a mechanical failure).
            All that density altitude and yada-yada is BS. The plane managed to take off and climb well out of ground effect. This plane either took off from the ground with the gear extended (obvious) or from the water, so flying with gear retracted generates less drag. And, even in the worst case, I might understand if the title of the news had been "pilot unable to hold altitude descends and performs water landing", density altitude can't explain that you stall and fall out of the sky.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
            --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Working...
            X