JP site redesign. Problem. Auto-fill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Twin Pioneer View Post
    I am trying to load a photo of helicopter G-BYZA which is already in the database but when clicking "autofill" it just comes up with the manufacturer (Aerospatiale) and no details of type or variant and it will not allow you to add these. Another bug to be fixed or do I need to something else?

She should work now
    “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

Originally posted by scbriml View Post
      On a similar note, I'm trying to upload an image of a wrecked DC-3 at La Paz which has no identification marks, so I do not know the registration. The upload guidelines say to leave the reg field blank, but with the new upload page, the "Upload Photo" button will not activate without a registration specified.

Any suggestions?
      Otherwise fill in CP-. So without numbers. Otherwise it would be interesting to find the id of this DC3.

Maybe you can show the picture in question?

Erwin

Comment

Originally posted by ErwinS View Post
        Otherwise fill in CP-. So without numbers. Otherwise it would be interesting to find the id of this DC3.

Maybe you can show the picture in question?
        OK, but the upload guidelines say "If you do not have the reg info please leave the reg box blank examples such as - G-BM??, N4*****, UNKNOWN and so on will not be accepted." so hopefully, just putting CP- will not get me an info rejection!

Here's the plane in question. I have done several hours of research trying to identify it, so far without luck.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	scbriml_cp-xxx_dc-3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	715.4 KB
ID:	1015409

Comment

Leave a remark to the screeners with your upload. A link to this thread for instance. Hopefully we can fix this issue.

Erwin

Comment

She should work now
            Still not working, same as before.

Comment

Still not working, same as before.
              If I fill in G-BYZA I get the full type. So she should work.

Erwin

Comment

Leave a remark to the screeners with your upload. A link to this thread for instance. Hopefully we can fix this issue.
                Thanks for the help, the shot was accepted!
                Unidentified DC-3 derelict at La Paz.. . Douglas DC-3. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Comment

If I fill in G-BYZA I get the full type. So she should work.
                  Still not working on my main PC or on my laptop, still only get manufacturer.

Comment

Still not working on my main PC or on my laptop, still only get manufacturer.
                    Several crew members tried the autofill for G-BYZA and the full type was filled in. So from our side the autofill works.

Erwin

Comment

Several crew members tried the autofill for G-BYZA and the full type was filled in. So from our side the autofill works.
                      Tried it again with another Aerospatiale aircraft (G-PDGT) and I still get the same result. I then tried an upload of a dummy unknown registration, then picked Aerospatiale as manufacturer and the results were the same, it wouldn't allow type or variant to be picked. Experimenting, the same result happens also with Aerospatiale/British Aircraft Corporation as the manufacturer. Trying a few other manufacturers, I get all the options. Is it something to do with the acute "E" not being recognised as I am using a QWERTY keyboard not an AZERTY one.

Comment

G-PDGT works also. So I dont know how to change it for you. I also dont see the relation between qwery or azerty. You only have to fill in the reg and click autofill.... I will pass it on to our programmers. Maybe they have a clue.

Erwin

Comment

G-PDGT works also. So I dont know how to change it for you. I also dont see the relation between qwery or azerty. You only have to fill in the reg and click autofill.... I will pass it on to our programmers. Maybe they have a clue.
                          Thank Erwin

Comment

We have now fixed the upload page so it is possible to upload without providing a registration when selecting "other" as an airline category.

Comment

Hi guys. I still have three Pima residents which won't auto fill their type data. They are registrations 136810, 53-2135 and 49-0372, all of which already feature on JP. Thanks for investigating.

Comment

Originally posted by n94504 View Post
                                Hi guys. I still have three Pima residents which won't auto fill their type data. They are registrations 136810, 53-2135 and 49-0372, all of which already feature on JP. Thanks for investigating.
                                We will look into why the auto fill does not work. You should be able to enter them manually for the time being.

Comment

Working...
                                X