Thread: Is it time to ground Hans Solo?

Default Is it time to ground Hans Solo?

He seems to be a bit accident prone these days. I really do not like these mixed GA and commercial operations.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38976965

Does anyone know the age limitations for GA and how repeated incidents might affect your active status?

No age limitation for GA. I knew pilots (ok, one pilot) over 80 still flying and instructing!!!

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
    --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    He seems to be a bit accident prone these days. I really do not like these mixed GA and commercial operations.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38976965

Does anyone know the age limitations for GA and how repeated incidents might affect your active status?
    Star-freighter-improvisation!

There are no age limitations (please post video of your head exploding); although a medical exam (including tests for a heartbeat and at least some cognitive function) is required, unless you are operating a designated LSA.

Most likely some FAR's were violated here...as to whether the goliath, bureaucratic, over-reaching, inefficient, regulatory arm of our government can act until El Presidente converts them into a group too small to handle much enforcement at all whatsoever?...interesting question.
    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

http://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/news...-228497-1.html

I mean...it might be. But in fairness to Ford, this same mistake has happened to a lot of younger pilots, and airline pilots.

His flying history is pretty nuts, he's been in almost more close calls flying in real life than an Indiana Jones movie:

Ford was injured in a crash last March, when he landed his Ryan PT-22 on a Santa Monica golf course. The NTSB's final report blamed the engine failure on the main metering jet in the carburetor coming loose. Ford, 72, owns several aircraft and has been involved in several other incidents and accidents. In 1999, he made a hard landing on a riverbed, while flying a helicopter with an instructor. In 2000, Ford damaged a Beech Bonanza during a landing. Nobody was hurt in either incident.