Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helicopter pilot lands to ask for directions in Kazakhstan

Courtesy of the BBC...

A lorry driver has captured the moment a military pilot landed on a Kazakhstan highway to ask for help after getting lost.
    A military helicopter pilot gets some help from a lorry driver after losing his bearings during a training exercise in Kazakhstan.

Well as the saying goes, admitting you have a problem is the first step...

Joking aside, how many pilots have flown into hills and mountains etc. because they could not or would not admit they were lost?
    Be alert! America needs more lerts.

Eric Law

Comment

Originally posted by elaw View Post
      Well as the saying goes, admitting you have a problem is the first step...

Joking aside, how many pilots have flown into hills and mountains etc. because they could not or would not admit they were lost?
      The Ministry of Defence said the pilot had been taking part in a visual orientation exercise
      I wonder if he passed. I say yes, a good pilot will use all the resources available.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
      --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

According to my chopper acquaintance, there's broad freedom in when, where and why you may land these things.
        Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Working...
        X