737-300 Iceland-Bangor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 737-300 Iceland-Bangor?

What is this? I have never heard of "Air Europa Lineas Aereas." Reposition, Charter? I am just curious. I know BGR was at one time almost a hub for European Holiday Charters. But 737-300?

Airline Air Europa Lineas Aereas
    Flight Number 2
    Departure City (Airport) Reykjavik, Iceland (BIKF)
    Departure Time ?
    Arrival City (Airport) Bangor, ME (BGR)
    Arrival Time 11/07/2002 05:30 PM
    Remaining Flight Time 05:46 (planned)
    Aircraft Type Boeing 737-300
    Current Altitude 0 feet
    Current Groundspeed 0 mph
    Flight Status Planned
    JR FlyingTexan

737-300 Iceland-Bangor?

Air Europa is a Spanish company. Originally it was part of the British Intasun Travel Group which also had its British airline called Air Europe - the livery then was identical to Air Europa's.

In the early 1990s Intasun went bust including Air Europe. However a group of Spanish business men bought Air Europa and initially it became a charter airline. It still operates many charter flights from Spanish territory to the UK and Europe. However, in the mid 1990s it began to operate international scheduled flights as well.

Now it operates a mix of scheduled flights and charters, including some scheduled flights to New York, the Caribbean and South America.

It's current fleet consists of 3 B 762s, 6 B 752s, 11 B 738s and 9 B733s.

I cannot offer any suggestion as to the B 733 flight you have described. I cannot belive these are used on its trans-Atlantic scehduled flights, and it seems unlikely that it would beb used on a one-off charter.

Comment

WHY?

Why was BGR a hub? It's not even big enough to have much mainline service. I'm confused!

Comment

It's likely to be a flight returning the aircraft to a leasing company.

Routeing would likely be something like Madrid-Reykjavik-Bangor-Destination.

Delivery flights for short haul types from the USA to Europe often use these airfields for tech stops en-route.

Regards

Garry
        Garry Lewis

Air Team Images - www.airteamimages.com
        Air Traffic Controller - Toronto ACC (West Low)

https://flic.kr/ps/AAWk8

Comment

Working...
        X