ACA CRJ, meet Bus. Bus, meet ACA CRJ.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACA CRJ, meet Bus. Bus, meet ACA CRJ.

These photos were sent to me anonymously by a ramprat for United who was on duty at O'Hare when this happened about a week ago.

Apparently, the aircraft was taxiing to 4L for takeoff when the bus driver failed to yield, and impacted the CRJ just behind the FO's window at nearly 30 miles per hour.

The CRJ, which is ACA's 100th Regional Jet, and was just two weeks old at the time of the accident, is a writeoff according to my sources at ACA.

Trump is an idiot!
    Vote Democrats!!

Ahh, yes.

The view of that one was much better from the inside though. [img]laff.gif[/img]

Trump is an idiot!
    Vote Democrats!!

Comment

How much does a new ACA CRJ cost, what is this tab going to run the insurance company? IT is a total w/o?
      JR FlyingTexan

Comment

quote:
        Originally posted by Chris Kilroy:
        Ahh, yes.

The view of that one was much better from the inside though. [img]laff.gif[/img]

Is that dude trying to push it out? [img]laff.gif[/img]
        Coyote

Comment

No kidding, I think that dude is trying to push the MacDac out!!! Guess they could not get a tug in there!! I was inbound to EWR Gate 110 on CO MD-80 once.
          JR FlyingTexan

Comment

The third picture looks completely fake, becaus eit is soo close up. it looks mor elike plane models that had accidnets.

edit-Their that better or do I still look drunk? LOL.

I am too young to drink-only 15 now you are 21..sooo hows your drinking problems?

[ October 30, 2002 10:48 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Southwest737 ]

Comment

Are you drunk, Alex? [img]laff.gif[/img]
              Trump is an idiot!
              Vote Democrats!!

Comment

Ehhh ::burps:: mighta had some swipes here and their... [img]images/smiles/icon_confused.gif[/img] Ya know, I may ahve an djust passed out and don't even remember that. I'll fix it later.

Comment

quote:
                  Originally posted by SST2707:
                  WOW!!! Reminds of the time when Continental drove one of their MD-80's into the terminal at EWR.

[img]skeptical.gif[/img]

How, on earth did that happen? No parking brakes? or just one of those"Oh I can make it a couple more feet...-::CRASH, BOOM, THUNK, CLINKehh....Maybe not.!! [img]shake.gif[/img]
                  Ohhh, ohh maybe he was DRUNK!!! ::GASP:: Shame, Shame... [img]naughty.gif[/img]

Allright!! whats the real story??
                  [img]images/smiles/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Comment

WOW!!! Reminds of the time when Continental drove one of their MD-80's into the terminal at EWR.

[img]skeptical.gif[/img]

[ October 31, 2002 01:24 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by SST2707 ]

Comment

quote:
                      Originally posted by FlyingTexan:
                      How much does a new ACA CRJ cost, what is this tab going to run the insurance company? IT is a total w/o?

Depending on how many aircraft are ordered, delivery schedule, who's buying and under what financing plan, and various other options the unit cost for a CRJ200 is between 21 million and 30 million USD. The CRJ700 is significantly more expensive. So I believe that this is likely the costliest two-vehicle "traffic accident" in US history.

NOTE - Not that it really matters and I'm sating this for purely informative purposes but let's not forget that the bus was driven by a female [img]uhoh.gif[/img]

Comment

Just as an addendun to my post above, I reckon that the CRJ's engines could probably be used on the new jet, saing a few million more. It is likely that the insurance people will do their best to push those engines on the new airframe. I'm no expert, it's just common sense. Canadair engineers will tell.

Comment

Chris... you have any more pictures of that Continental MD-80 at Newark?? I was there that day, but they hade covered it up with a blue tarp before I could get to the gate.
                          [img]images/smiles/icon_sad.gif[/img]

[ October 31, 2002 01:24 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by SST2707 ]

Comment

Yep,

See the following link:

Link
                            Trump is an idiot!
                            Vote Democrats!!

Comment

Bwuhahahahahahahah!!! [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilewink.gif[/img] [img]laff.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilewink.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X