No announcement yet.

Niagara Falls In Flight Video - Real & Simulated Comparison - My RV9A Aircraft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Niagara Falls In Flight Video - Real & Simulated Comparison - My RV9A Aircraft

My latest YouTube video here at The Flight Level
    https://youtu.be/q2V6gJ-FokA

Fantastic!!!! Congratulations!!!

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
    --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
      Thanks very much my friend! This one was a lot of fun flying and putting together. Will be tough to beat Niagara Falls in my next comparison!
      My latest YouTube video here at The Flight Level
      https://youtu.be/q2V6gJ-FokA

Comment

He is such a shiny new member, and yet he has learned quite alot about how to make very good videos, in 4K resolution.

So, do the both of us have to hide behind him?

What about you, Gabriel. Do you fly the new msfs 2020 simulator in 4K resolution today?

Me, I don't. Still not yet. And since two weeks I know another hardware device which is an enemy of Windows 10...

Windows 10 is a real problem, and that is not a joke. Since the beginning of the year 2021, I know more people who have problems with Win10

than I know people who are able to continue everything (hardware and software combined) which they have used in Win7

also in Windows 10.

In German, I know a word for what is missing in Windows 10: Abwärtskompatibilität. In English?

Downward compatibility. Forget about that when you use Win 10!!

If microsoft allows me, let me start a list of software which perfectly runs under Win7 but never under Win10:

Microsoft Flight Simulator X (fsx).

Randazzo's LH-B744 simulator (fsx).

That sounds like a joke, doesn't it. Simulator manufacturer and o/s manufacturer are the same. But nevertheless no compatibility, never.

I can continue that Win10 problem list with a variety of hardware, if you like. But before we continue, we should better telephone on a secure line, or microsoft will get us..

PS: To come back to Doerings msfs 2020 topic. The new msfs 2020 - of course - only runs together with Windows 10, the next case of
        missing downward compatibility.
        Now you can call me an outdated old idiot, but here on my machine,
        Randazzo's LH-B744 simulator (fsx)
        still runs perfect.
        And that, in my eyes, is more important than anything else.
        Now you probably know which o/s I'm running. Simply said, the one of the two which I mentioned with less downward compatibility problems...
        Last edited by LH-B744; 2021-07-12, 03:36. Reason: I like reliability! A/c type LH-B744, since 1989.
        The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
        The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
        And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
        This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Originally posted by LH-B744 View Post
          What about you, Gabriel. Do you fly the new msfs 2020 simulator in 4K resolution today?
          I tried it for the first time last week in my brother's computer. In a 24-inch 1080P monitor.[/QUOTE]

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
          --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

I tried it for the first time last week in my brother's computer. In a 24-inch 1080P monitor.
            1080p? Yes, that's what you and me with our very normal home computers should be able to achieve. But that's not what msfs 2020 has been made for.

You know that I run Randazzo's LH-B744 simulator (fsx) with 1080p?

I again and again have to quote the test center chief of my favorite game magazine, which is the German 'Gamestar' (gamestar dot de).
            After he published his cpu, which is a

Intel i9-9900K ,

he stated the following, while the tried to start msfs2020, with 4k resolution:
            'Lange Ladezeiten: Dass man beim Starten des Flight Simulators Geduld aufbringen muss, ist uns schon in der Preview-Version aufgefallen und gilt auch für die Review-Version. Der Spielstart kann über zwei Minuten dauern, das Laden der Spielwelt danach nochmal über eine Minute und mehr .'

Let's remember, that's the gamestar test chief, word by word, on his Intel i9-9900K. In English. Translated by me.

'The msfs 2020 takes quite long to load, here on my i9-9900K. You definitely need patience, that's what we noticed already in the msfs2020 preview version, and that's also true for the review version.
            Starting the game can take 2 minutes or even longer with an Intel i9, until you are ready for take off another one or 2 minutes.'
            So far the Gamestar test chief with his i9-9900k.

I forgot to note down his name. So, if by chance he reads this forum entry, give me a private message or something like that.

Back on topic.

Niagara Falls. That's a very good topic not only for msfs2020, which I don't fly yet. But also for my fsx.

I'm just in Europe with my fsx simulator.

But Randazzo's LH-B744 simulator (fsx) soon will be ready for the next flight across the pond.

Doering, You are the inspiration!

PS: So. If an Intel i9-9900k is too slow to run msfs2020, what should I use instead?!
            Let me tell you how long I need, to switch my computer on, until the fsx menu appears on my screen, where we all chose
            1 the aircraft,
            2 the airport,
            3 the weather settings
            4 the calendar (day and time, local or zulu) .
            I was NOT able to believe that the gamestar test chief needs 4 or 5 minutes to start msfs 2020, on his i9-9900k. So I said to myself. Wow. Let me have a look, how long will I need to start fsx, on my i5-2500k.

The result? But don't start to laugh, you must believe me. 1 minute and 30 seconds. After 2 minutes and 30 seconds I have chosen the aircraft in fsx.
            Last edited by LH-B744; 2021-07-14, 00:13. Reason: 4 to 5 minutes to start msfs 2020? Really?! That sounds ridiculous.

Comment

Ahm. I just performed a fsx live test. When my o/s is running, and I am online here on jetphotos (!), I need exactly
              40 seconds
              to have the fsx menu (German version) on my screen:
              'Aktuelles Luftfahrzeug'
              and so on.

That's cool, isn't it.

Comment

What version of Windows are you using ? I vaguely recall that FS 2020 needs Windows 10.
                If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                  What version of Windows are you using ? I vaguely recall that FS 2020 needs Windows 10.
                  Wow. Two encounters in just one night?
                  [The second one, today, after Denver CO, screeners choice.]

Probably we should meet somewhere near your home airport, or, if you like, near my home airport. To be honest, that's a thing which I've discussed alot, with Gabriel.

But Gabriel is so far away, on a distant planet, compared to your home airport.

Back to your question. Windows 7 in combination with Microsoft fsx . Yes, and I can explain why.
                  I know at least 1 to 10 software programmes which do not run with windows 10.

And Microsoft fsx is one of them. Please correct me if I'm wrong!

To give one question back to you, If you stand between msfs 2020 and prepar3d v5, as the only two options. Which one would you choose?

PS: My answer is quite obvious, after I opened the topic 'Captain Randazzo in the year 2021'. As I plan to switch to the a/c type
                  LH-B748 ,
                  my answer today has already been formed in concrete (dt.: in Beton gegossen).

Randazzo since a few days does no longer sell the LH B747-800 simulator for fsx. So, I'll follow him to prepar3d .
                  Last edited by LH-B744; 2021-09-14, 22:50. Reason: Randazzo tells me what to do. Randazzo follower, +1 .

Comment

Working...
                  X