Joystick Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joystick Help

I'm encountering this very weird problem. Earlier on today, i screwed up some of my aircraft.cfg files, and deleted all my boeing 747's by mistake. As a result i had to uninstall and then re-install FS2002.

Before I had uninstalled it, I used to taxi by moving my joystick left or right (ailerons). Now after I have re-installed it, I am not being able to do so. The only way I can taxi is by twisting my handle to the left or right (rudder). Can someone help me please.

Just one more question, do you guys taxi using the ailerons or rudder?

Thanks a lot...

Tanuj.
    "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

For me, I taxi with rudders.
    I don't actually like the plane turns if I moved the ailerons. They are so easily moved and if the plane is sensitive in turnings during the takeoff run you'll never go straight!
    Anyway, if you want to use ailerons, check the sensitiviness. Check the joystick itself as well.

Comment

If you want to taxi with the ailerons you need to have autocoord on.
      Try to catch me flyin dirty...

Comment

From where do u turn that on?

Thanks..
        Tanuj.
        "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

Comment

Oh well, I found it.

Thanks a lot. I just can't taxi with the rudder. Ailerons all the way!!

Comment

Now I have another problem. Whenever I leave my joystick in the center position, the aircraft always gets this huge nose down pitch attitude. No matter how much I pull back, it just takes its own sweet time to become level again. And then to keep it level, i have to keep the stick pulled back all the time. It's really frustrating.

I tried calibrating my joysting 2-3 times, but it still did not work.

Has anybody here ever faced such a problem, or does anybody know a solution to this problem?

Thanks...
            Tanuj.

Comment

Sometimes I have the same problem.
              Then I recalibrate my Joystick and it works fine again. But you already tried this.
              Andy

Comment

Hi,
                Check on FS under settings and I think then controls what your joysticks left and right axis function is, it may be that it has changed.
                I hope this makes sense.

Thanks

Thomas_Cook_757-200

Enjoy Every Moment

Comment

Could the aircraft be out of trim?
                  Try to catch me flyin dirty...

Comment

The axises are correct. The problem is only occurring with two of my downloaded aircraft (AirbusA320 and BAe something). All the rest are working fine.

My joystick does not have any bottons by which you can trim the aircraft.

Comment

Hello,

I also have the same problem sometimes. It is a question of trim. But what i don't understand is that when you trim the plane with the keyboard al is normal again. But the minute you touch the joystick everything is screwed up again.

Does anybody know a sollution for this problem?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X