Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More shots From Alaska

Everts Air Cargo (a.k.a. Air Cargo Express) Curtis C-46 "Maid in Japan"

great pictures. I love the third one with the sunset in the background.
    Andy

Comment

Thanks! I turned that one into a wallpaper I liked it so much..

Comment

Nice shots. And pretty cool looking airplane.
        "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Nice shots, good thing the engine didn't fail.

Comment

No, Air Cargo Express only gets that problem with their DC-6s, not the C-46. Just about a week and a half ago I got real world photos of one of their DC-6Bs that blew 2 cylinders on the #1 Engine less than 5 minutes after takeoff , came back around and landed on the other 3.

Comment

Back in the 40's and 50's C-46's blew a lot of engines and crashed.

Comment

Nice C-46 shots! Here is Everts Air Fuel DC-6 N444CE departing Illinois Creek outside of McGrath...

Comment

Nice one!
                  "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Working...
                  X