Will there be a FS2006??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will there be a FS2006??

Hiya i was thinking this morning lying in Bed if there will be a new Fligh Simulator comming out in 2006? The other simulator's had a year gap between them and the new one due will be FS2006!

Does anyone else think there will be a new FS2006 comming out in the new year?

Not likely, its going to be another year or so before we see another new FS.

Comment

Considering that nothing has been heard about any beta testing for the next MSFS, I would venture to guess that the next edition is at the very least 12-18 months away (I'd guess 18 months to 2 years away myself). By that time, more Windows 64 PCs will be on the market at an affordable price and Windows Vista will be officially on the market. Those two factors will play an important role in the development of the next MSFS. Windows Vista will not be able to use onboard graphics, so right there it means that potentially the next MSFS may be a very graphics oriented program. Right now Microsoft is focused on two particular products, Windows Vista and the XBox 360. Microsoft Anti Spyware is a minimal project for Microsoft since the bulk of that work was already done for them before they bought Giant.

Comment

There have been pictures in a magazine recently of features made possibly for FS10, they are official (that's what I have been told) and that these new features were developed on the basis of FS9 for possible inclusion in FS10

http://www.libertysim.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3377

Not the best pictures but at least it's something

Comment

Originally posted by Converse_Buddy3
          Hiya i was thinking this morning lying in Bed if there will be a new Fligh Simulator comming out in 2006?
          Can't say I've ever done that..... Is Flight Simulator that big a deal in your life that you wak up thinking about it?

Comment

There should be. Microsoft hasnt released any press releases about not offering FS2006 anymore. Im pretty sure if they didnt make FS2006, A company like Electronic Arts or someother company would make a game like FS. Im almost positive that there will be a FS2006!

Comment

Originally posted by Showtime100
              Can't say I've ever done that..... Is Flight Simulator that big a deal in your life that you wak up thinking about it?
              Must you be so cynical?
              Ryan Davis
              Admin, FlyerGuide.Net
              www.flyerguide.net

Comment

Originally posted by ExpressJet145
                Must you be so cynical?
                It seems that's about all he's good for. It's like the return of JeffInDEN.
                Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Originally posted by PT737SWA
                  It seems that's about all he's good for. It's like the return of JeffInDEN.
                  My comments on such attitude are "eww" lol. As for you mister, thanks for the cargo shirt and hat ..... Got Freight? HEH. Cant wait to see my picture on the calendar, tell Shelly I said thanks once again .
                  Ryan Davis
                  Admin, FlyerGuide.Net
                  www.flyerguide.net

Comment

NO.. 2004 is the last FS they will ever make

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaASA16
                      NO.. 2004 is the last FS they will ever make
                      I think you are right, i saw some images at a website that Microsoft is testing the new features that should be in FS2006. I cant remember the link so sorry.
                      Irfan Faiz Nazerollnizam. Computer geek and gamer

Comment

Working...
                      X