Southwest "The Finals" Flight OMA-MDW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southwest "The Finals" Flight OMA-MDW

Well folks, after seeing Pete's superb Flight Sim story I decided to do my own flight. I decided to use the "THE FINALS" plane i downloaded from Southwest Forums avsim thing. Can't you see im such a Southwest fan

Anyway Let's get started with the flight. We have an evening departure on the Southwest 737-700 to MDW from OMA. We have 137 seats on board with 130 being used. We are at the gate being loaded right now.

After everyone else is now boarded we proceed with the safety briefings as we back up from the gate.

"Federal law prohibits smoking/ On most domestic flights. No smoking is permitted, So don't even try to light." Southwest Style

"In the unlikely event of a water landing ..." Question..if it is unlikely then why mention it?

Backing up.

Turning for the Runway

Runway 36, taking off.

Lift Off

Gear Coming in

Turning for 140.

Sunset behind us!

This is why I fly..video card is not the best but you get the idea. simply stunning!!

Ladies and Gentleman, we have now reached cruising altitude of FL280. F/A will now begin the service, we offer Peanuts and Soda and Water on this flight. Please sit back, enjoy the sunset, and we will be in Chicago-Midway in about 20 Minutes. Thank you for flying Southwest Airlines.

Still Cruising, F/A have finished serving the passnegers, becoming very dark. Contrails can be seen behind us.

Starting the Descent to FL150

Turning for R 4R at MDW.

Going Around, ATC'd gave me the wrong directions, had me turning to late, I flew right by the airport.

No landing. ATC gave me the wrong directions and I looked out and saw MDW fly right by and headed for ORD. No I did not do anything wrong. So i commenced a go around and I tried to get back to MDW, nothing. I let go of Auto Pilot and it immedaityl shot straight up and stalled me. So I forced it down and tried to get down. It would not let me go down. The winglets I think are a bit to much haha. Anyway no landing. Just a flight.

Alex
    Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Nice wing views. FS ATC sucks big time. Best to fly own navigation or go on VATSIM.
    Click Here for my aviation photographs.
    No Frontiers

Comment

Flying Legos Alex, Flying Legos, put your dam video card in.

Comment

FS screws up my flights all the time.
        sigpic
        http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Alex needs to learn to keep the speed down on approach (spoilers and flaps), then learn to get aligned with the runway, put the gear down, final flaps down, then land :P

Comment

Originally posted by Crism
            Alex needs to learn to keep the speed down on approach (spoilers and flaps), then learn to get aligned with the runway, put the gear down, final flaps down, then land :P
            i couldnt even GET to MDW. they screwed my directions up, and by the time I noticed I was still in flight, i was flying right by MDW Airport heading for ORD.
            Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

Originally posted by AA_MD-80@STL
              i couldnt even GET to MDW. they screwed my directions up, and by the time I noticed I was still in flight, i was flying right by MDW Airport heading for ORD.
              Use the maps and GPS. That's what they're there for.
              Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Working...
              X