WW890 Belfast City-Manchester **EMERGENCY**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WW890 Belfast City-Manchester **EMERGENCY**

Hiya just did a flight from Belfast to Manchester when whilst decending into Manchester I accidently shut down engine number one, when I tried to restart it it woudnt power back up and I was loosing altitude FAST! so I decided to divert into Liverpool John Lennon here are some screenshots from this dramatic flight:

WW890 Diversion into Liverpool

Well I was cleared to land and lined up when the wind and my engine loss pushed the plane to an angle and to make it worse a Dash-8 was on its take-off roll it could have been worse if I didn't touch and go back into the Air.

With the crosswind still pushing me I managed to restart the engine during the go-around and landed safely in Liverpool with a little crosswing making the right wheel touch the ground then the rest of the B737-500 , I then vacated the runway to let the Cessna take off. The passengers fought to get off the hell plane but we did park next to a BA B737 in Liverpool with no casualties

Joni215

neat shots, glad you landed safely. are you using FS2000?

Comment

To me the shots like like the tower view from Manchester

Comment

Hmm, can't see myself flying BMI Baby for a while lol

Looks like the FFX 737 you're flying there? How come you were fighting it so much on one engine? I fly that aircraft alot (in the Jet2.com scheme though) and find it fairly steady and quite easy to fly to be honest, even with one engine out.

Originally posted by RingwaySam
        Well if he was doing Manchester-Belfast like he said then I doubt it very much

Dale

Comment

neat screenies man! Maybe i won't be flying BMI untill you get sacked as a pilot Only joking!

Comment

Dale, He said Belfast to Manchester

Comment

Originally posted by RingwaySam
              A little trick that i have to get head-on shots like this

Comment

Originally posted by Converse_Buddy3
                A little trick that i have to get head-on shots like this
                Why not just use spot-view?

Comment

Originally posted by G-DALE
                  find it fairly steady and quite easy to fly to be honest, even with one engine out.
                  Well this was in crosswind and just cheeting a stall

P.S to Chris@YYZ im using FS2002

Originally posted by Sam Hampson
                  Why not just use spot-view?
                  Its hard when your about to crash and it loops into the shot ..i find it a bit confusing when i use spot to get some screenshots.

Yes its my own fault i have it on loop and not Fix

Joni215

Comment

Glad you made in down with only one engine. and not crashlanded a few miles to short.
                    Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Wow, interesting story! Yesterday I had to divert too.

I was in a TED A320 going from SFO-LAS but not long after take off the Aircraft suddenly and randomly went into a dive, began to spin and flip, and the speed dropped to zero. I recovered at 300 feet and had to manually fly it with the keyboard to MRY to divert. I really need a joystick . But anyway, even though it might be harder at the time, a flight on FS always seems more fun at the end after an emergancy.
                      sigpic
                      http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Working...
                      X