Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS 2004 problem

Hi!

I recently had a virus which I was able to remove. I'm afraid that the anti-virus program may have deleted some files from the Flight Simulator 9 folder, because since then, I have encountered problems while runing FS 2004. The simulator freezes and i have to restart the computer.

My question is if there is a possibility to re-install FS 2004 without loosing all the add-ons and modifications?

Maybe i can do something else to fix this problem,
    thanx for your help.

Regards, Mike
    "Be an individual, work hard, study, trust nobody..."

It sounds like the only way you can fix the problem is to re-install FS, as you suggested. That way the files which have been deleted will be replaced. It's a long while since I had to re-install FS (touch wood!) but I'm pretty sure you lose unfortunately your add-ons. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Good luck

Dale

Comment

As Dale said you will proberly loose all your add-ons.This could be good for your FS to clear it of stuff you don't want,havn't you saved your downloaded files?

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Hampson
        As Dale said you will proberly loose all your add-ons.This could be good for your FS to clear it of stuff you don't want,havn't you saved your downloaded files?

I have, but it will be a pain to re-install all that stuff.
        It took me 2 years to compleat. I mean, the airplanes are not a problem. But the manually installed Ai flightplans, the airplanes that come with them, all the scenary and appropriate AFCAD's.
        Geez, that really sux...

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Ace
          I have, but it will be a pain to re-install all that stuff.
          It took me 2 years to compleat. I mean, the airplanes are not a problem. But the manually installed Ai flightplans, the airplanes that come with them, all the scenary and appropriate AFCAD's.
          Geez, that really sux...
          Yup it sure does. I remember when I had to re-install cos I deleted the default Cessna 152 folder by mistake (d'oh!) and after that I got an error message saying I had to install FS when I started up flight sim and then it would then automatically close itself down.

Took me a whole day to get everything back to exactly how it was. Never again!...

Comment

Originally posted by G-DALE
            Yup it sure does. I remember when I had to re-install cos I deleted the default Cessna 152 folder by mistake (d'oh!) and after that I got an error message saying I had to install FS when I started up flight sim and then it would then automatically close itself down.

Took me a whole day to get everything back to exactly how it was. Never again!...
            I had a simular event the other week.Took me ages to re-install everything,im still downloading stuff now and installing C.D's back on

Comment

Originally posted by G-DALE

Sorry to say, but you could probably get the C172 folder from the CD, or by installing a second copy of FS2004 on your computer, and then just copy the C172 folder into your old FS2004.
              Anyway, it's fixed now

Comment

Once I had a problem when I edited some files (containig AI data). I had to reinstall FS2004, and I'm too ashemed to say what happened to the AI

Comment

Working...
                X