Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From One Island of Paradise To Another (Lots of Shots)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From One Island of Paradise To Another (Lots of Shots)

Howdy folks,

You may remember me flying SXM-SBH a few months ago and posting the screenshots. Anyway I decided to do the return leg (SBH-SXM) but base it on the real flight which five other JP.Net members and myself took (privately ) a couple of months ago, but with a couple of added twists

I couldn't find a Winair BN-2 that I was able to install so this French commuter had to do instead.

Enjoy

Parked on the ramp in St. Barths waiting for us to board.

Seen during the engine start. At this point we're all strapped in, with James as our co-pilot in the jumpseat.

Looking down the runway as we're about to line up for departure to St. Maarten.

In the process of completing the final checks for takeoff, as seen from 'The Hill.'

Here's one which I took as our Captain was about to apply full power.

Using the full length to get airbourne. Shot from St. Jean beach which is situated a couple of feet (literally!) from the end of Rwy 10.

Banking left to head south for SXM.

An overview of SBH, as seen from the Captain's window.

Not long to go now until we reach our cruise altitude, and also until the food and drink service begins

...and it's already in full swing, as James demonstrates from the jumpseat. Well it's not often you get a plane to yourselves so we had to make the most of it

The airport is already insight as we get ready to start our descent from 4000ft.

Making our right base leg for the visual approach.

Lined up and approaching short finals for Rwy 09.

Here's one which James took at the same moment but this time from the jumpseat, lucky biatch

Seen from the Sunset Beach Bar while on very short finals. Our Carib's are there waiting for us!

Maho Beach, as from seat 4A.

Almost there....

Touchdown. No smoke either

Already vacating the runway.

Parked up with the engines shut down as we disembark. Welcome to the Friendly Island

That's all 'til next time folks, hope you enjoyed it

All comments and questions welcomed

Dale

LMAO brilliant Dale! I love those screenshots

Comment

Ah mate, that's so cool!!! - Nice one!

Comment

lol those edited pics, cool shots.

Comment

WELL DONE DALE! I love them screenies keep 'em coming!

Comment

Nice drawings

Comment

Originally posted by Crism
              Nice drawings
              Drawings hehe

Comment

Excellent virtual trip report . Btw, what scenery designer came up with the brilliant idea of placing a boat right in the take-off path at SBH (pics 3,4)? Seems kinda hard to avoid hitting it on take-off.

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
                  Excellent virtual trip report . Btw, what scenery designer came up with the brilliant idea of placing a boat right in the take-off path at SBH (pics 3,4)? Seems kinda hard to avoid hitting it on take-off.
                  LOL,thats what i thought!

Comment

Thats what I was thinking.

Anway nice shots and narration.
                    sigpic
                    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

awesome shots Dale! And nice edits!

btw, how did you avoid that darn sailboat?

Comment

Originally posted by G-DALE
                        ...and it's already in full swing, as James demonstrates from the jumpseat. Well it's not often you get a plane to yourselves so we had to make the most of it
                        Bloody awesome, dale!

Nice screen shots... and nice little additions looked like a fun trip!

Comment

where did you get that scenary from anyway?

Comment

Great Screenshot/Tripreport, Something you dont read/see every day!

You deserve some applause definitely !

Ps, The number 3 image , its funny the sign above the window, "Dont Lean Out" , Is it really possible to lean out on that French BN-2 ?
                            Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Thanks guys

Btw, what scenery designer came up with the brilliant idea of placing a boat right in the take-off path at SBH (pics 3,4)? Seems kinda hard to avoid hitting it on take-off.
                              Had to perform an immediate right turn and then bank left

Originally posted by Sam Hampson
                              where did you get that scenary from anyway?
                              Search for St. Barths on Avsim under FS2004 - Scenery.

Originally posted by MaxPower
                              Ps, The number 3 image , its funny the sign above the window, "Dont Lean Out" , Is it really possible to lean out on that French BN-2 ?
                              Anything is possible after downing one Carib...... or eight

Comment

Working...
                              X