A "different" approach into SFO...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A "different" approach into SFO...

Well I finally downloaded a screenshot program, so I decided to test it out by trying the 1R approach at SFO with the Trident 2. Its a little tricky for me because I still fly with the keyboard. I mainly wanted to see how good this program was. The pictures have less quality than when I was playing FS, and in half the shots I took, the plane was invisible, with just floating pilots. Thats why I have no takeoff shots and only one taxing shot, they all turned out with just floating pilots. No idea what causes that...anyway here are the shots.

Sitting at the Gate about to push back.

Taxing out to 1R, taken from the good old blast fence, which you're not allowed to spot at anymore. Damn Terrorists.

Starting the approach as a UA777 ahead of me makes a low approach into 1R.

Flying near Half Moon Bay(KHAF) just before starting another right bank.

Starting the final right bank, the hills made me think I was lower then I was.

The gear has to extend just a little bit more as we cross over Interstate 280.

Gear is fully locked as we finish our turn with the water reserve and Interstate 280 in the background.

Just finished the turn and now we're screaming over the residents of Millbrae's heads as they call the police to complain about the rare flight pattern(I'm not joking, they do)

Watching the houses wizz by as we approach 1R...

Making a few last minute corrections on short final.

It may look low but this is the proper altitude as we prepare to flare over Highway 101.

About to flyover the BART parking garage, aside from that the ground looks bare. In reality thers all sorts of hazardous buidlings, powerlines, houses, and an In and Out burger. Trust me, when the planes are flying this approach the Millbrae In and Out Burger beats LAX's any day.

Just after touchdown, spoilers deployed.

Sorry again that the Takeoff shots didnt come out. Thanks for viewing these!
    sigpic
    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

cool shots, but you really should get a joystick!

Comment

Cool shots, i remember the keyboard days, looks like you can use that keyboard pretty good.

Comment

Great shots!

Comment

Is that the flytampa sfo scenery? It looks better than the default.
          I used to fly with the keyboard back in my fs2002 days. I mastered the 737-300!

Comment

Thanks to your imagination, the Trident will have made it once to the US !! Congrats for the find. Excellent idea to pick up BKS for the livery.
            Alain
            Thanks for visiting
            *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
            *JetPhotos*
            Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

I think there should be an add-on that adds In&Out Burger's at both LAX and SFO .
              Nice screenies.

Comment

Originally posted by JordanD
                Is that the flytampa sfo scenery? It looks better than the default.
                yeah, is that the FlyTampa? I have it, but I cant really tell from the distance, looks a lot like it tho.

Comment

lol.. Fantastic flown, and its even with keyboard wow !
                  Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by uy707
                    Thanks to your imagination, the Trident will have made it once to the US !! Congrats for the find. Excellent idea to pick up BKS for the livery.
                    Alain
                    Nothing beats flying the classics. And also, I figured a Trident in BKS colors on a fun approach which most people don't know about would be something new for a lot of people to see.

And as far as the keyboard, its not that hard to fly with it when its all you've been using for 9 years.

Oh, and that is Fly Tampa scenery, its great! But I was dissapointed with the AF2 file, so I had to go and add in all sorts of things. You may notice the UA planes lined up by the hanger in the second shot, this was left out with the provided AF2. I also had to make the AA maintiance area, the Cargo Area, and most of the RON and GA parking.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Crunk415balla
                      Oh, and that is Fly Tampa scenery, its great! But I was dissapointed with the AF2 file, so I had to go and add in all sorts of things. You may notice the UA planes lined up by the hanger in the second shot, this was left out with the provided AF2. I also had to make the AA maintiance area, the Cargo Area, and most of the RON and GA parking.
                      ahhh, alright, thought so. I was dissapointed with the AFCAD too, but I havent bothered fooling around with it

Comment

Originally posted by Chris@YYZ
                        alll, alright, thought so. I was dissapointed with the AFCAD too, but I havent bothered fooling around with it
                        I'll post mine on Avsim soon, all thats left is using the STAR meathod to make planes takeoff on 1R and 1L while landing/taking off on 28R and 28L as well. I'll be done with that sometime next week probably.
                        sigpic

Comment

That's some impressive keyboard flying Good to see some screenies from you. FlyTampa sure is awsome...I just got their Seattle scenery.
                          Click Here for my aviation photographs.
                          No Frontiers

Comment

Originally posted by Crunk415balla
                            I'll post mine on Avsim soon, all thats left is using the STAR meathod to make planes takeoff on 1R and 1L while landing/taking off on 28R and 28L as well. I'll be done with that sometime next week probably.
                            brillant!

Edit: my 800th post!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris@YYZ
                              brillant!

Edit: my 800th post!
                              Congrats!
                              nice screenys

Comment

Working...
                              X