Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Urgent Help Please - Flight Sim Not Starting!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent Help Please - Flight Sim Not Starting!

Hi folks,

Hopefully one of you out there will be able to help me with a problem that I've just encountered. I decided to install a B733 panel which I found on Avsim. So I downloaded it and ran the program. Next thing I know, it has no gauges.

So (as I usually would) I extracted the gauges files from the downloaded folder into the FS2002 Gauges folder. There were 62 files extracted in total and around half were overwriting previous versions, which I was abit concerned about.

**I think this is where I caused the problem**
    Then I noticed that there was a modules folder, so I decided to extract the three files in there (named FSSound.dll, FSUIPC.dll and RWControl.dll) into the FS2002 Modules folder to see if that would also help.

Finally, I started up flight sim and the next thing I know, I get an error message pop up saying this -

I'd be extremely greatful guys if you can help me out on this one!

Thanks in advance,

Dale
    Last edited by G-DALE; 2005-12-12, 23:35.

I didnt have the same error message but about a week ago, everytime i started my fs up it would just freeze. So i just reinstalled it and everything was back to normal, and all my addons were still installed.

Comment

Just had a look in the FS2002 Modules folder and it looks as though the RWControl file is the one that's causing the problem. It has the same name as the one that appeared in the error message (RogerWilco)

I take it I need to replace the file with the original version? Is it possible to do this without re-installing FS?

Dale

Comment

try moving RWControl.dll to another folder and see what happens.

If I'm correct, RogerWilco is one of the components used for Squawkbox 2.3, so if your not using squawkbox, you shouldn't need it..... I think

HTH
        Christian Vlček Sullivan | Through The Fence Photography
        Forever New Frontiers

Comment

Can you try re-installing RogerWilco to see what happens?

Comment

This might be a dumb questions guys, but which folder would you recommend?

I'm not using Squakbox btw.

Comment

any folder, I usually just drag stuff onto my desktop, anywhere as long as its not in the modules folder, so that FS doesnt try to read/load it
              Forever New Frontiers

Comment

It worked! Thanks alot fellas, I really appreciate it! It did nothing but bug me for the past 2 and half hours.

I owe you both a beer!

Comment

no prob Dale, glad we helped, and I'll take you up on the beer offer as soon as I reach, uhhhhhhhh.. 'legal' drinking age
                  Forever New Frontiers

Comment

I still owe Dale about 5 beer's and im only 14

Comment

Working...
                    X