No announcement yet.

insane FS airports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paro, Bhutan. When I'm bored, I'll go there and try to see which airplanes I can sucessfuly complete a trip around the pattern in. Not only is it in the mountains, but its high up in the mountains, making performance really weak, especially for piston aircraft.

Comment

My favourite is Gran canaria approach from the ocean. Lmao that's low

Comment

PAHN(My home airport) is alot of fun. As is PAGY
        You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
          Paro, Bhutan. When I'm bored, I'll go there and try to see which airplanes I can sucessfuly complete a trip around the pattern in. Not only is it in the mountains, but its high up in the mountains, making performance really weak, especially for piston aircraft.
          you've captured my interest time to check it out!

Comment

Originally posted by pkonowrocki
            My favourite is Gran canaria approach from the ocean. Lmao that's low
            I don't know about low, but damn that's a long runway!
            "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Originally posted by indian airlines
              I don't know about low, but damn that's a long runway!
              Yep they use that for both military and civilian planes. Been there once in real life while approaching from the ocean. That's damn cool flying low over water :P

Comment

I tried SESM in a 172R. I got up close to the top and started stalling and made the stupid mistake of pulling back on this stick and entering a spin. I would have hit the mountain anyway. Then I tried in a 744 and got it on the second try. I landed it in two tries but none of them were pretty!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris@YYZ
                  whats the code for Courchevel?
                  LFLJ

And there is some fantastic freeware add-ons avialable for this airport I believe ! although last time I installed it was a little too complex for me ! like an 80 part guide to installing plus it was all in French

Comment

Originally posted by JordanD
                    I tried SESM in a 172R. I got up close to the top and started stalling and made the stupid mistake of pulling back on this stick and entering a spin. I would have hit the mountain anyway. Then I tried in a 744 and got it on the second try. I landed it in two tries but none of them were pretty!
                    i take it you had crash off ?

Comment

Originally posted by Pacific Pride
                      LFLJ

And there is some fantastic freeware add-ons avialable for this airport I believe ! although last time I installed it was a little too complex for me ! like an 80 part guide to installing plus it was all in French
                      hahahaha, thanks I'm gunna go try some of these rite now

Comment

Originally posted by Sam at MAN
                        i take it you had crash off ?
                        No. That's why I had to try twice.

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
                          ... it's not that insane as it is in real life. Same goes for St. Barths.
                          ...and FNC and INN and many more!

Originally posted by pkonowrocki
                          Yep they use that for both military and civilian planes. Been there once in real life while approaching from the ocean. That's damn cool flying low over water :P
                          Been there on a jumpseat last week - indeed damn cool. Runways should both be around 3000meters.
                          greetings,
                          Philip

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
                            Ya that ones always fun.
                            sigpic
                            http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Working...
                            X