MSFS 04- essentials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSFS 04- essentials

Sooo, I finally kicked my own behind and ordered MSFS a few minutes ago... and even though I am sure there's a topic like this, I have to say: I COULDN'T FIND IT! Also, I'm so hyped up I probably didn't put in a proper effort in looking for it... I'm sowwy...

So I'm making my own...

Basically, I want your tips and tricks on how to get started...

Any (free) add-ons you simply can't live without? Because then I'll just download them from the beginning

Any payware I should start saving for?

Any tips and tricks will do... the baby doesn't arrive before tuesday or wednesday or something, so I've got heaps of time to set everything up before playing.

AND of course: I'm interested in some VS aircraft... do tell if you have come across some good ones (even if they're payware... I'll just have to save up for that )

I thank thee in advance, mighty MSFS gurus!

EDIT: any screenshots of the payware/freeware you're talking about would be highly appreciated
    Last edited by janni-chan; 2006-02-18, 21:21.

Hey Janni-Chav
    www.avsim.com for all your free downloads
    You'll get nearly everything on there
    There isn't really any pay-ware you can't live without but theres some good ones out there
    If you want any payware speak to me via msn and i'll get some 'cheaper' for you

Regards Sam

PS-think im going to die im still laughing

Comment

Originally posted by Sam at MAN
      Hey Janni-Chav
      P!ss off!

www.avsim.com for all your free downloads
      You'll get nearly everything on there
      There isn't really any pay-ware you can't live without but theres some good ones out there
      If you want any payware speak to me via msn and i'll get some 'cheaper' for you
      Thank you, sam! I would like to hear people's opinion on specific addons they would recommend as I'll probably download a lot of sh*tty stuff before I find something that's actually worth the disk space
      I'll remember your offer and take you up on it when I have some money! Thanks mate!

PS-think im going to die im still laughing
      Pervert!

Comment

Originally posted by janni-chan
        P!ss off!

Pervert!
        LOL
        You should try the iFly 744 off avsim.It's got a neat cockpit and cool other stuff.It's like 60meg but worth it

Comment

there's also loads of truly excellent freeware sceneries available, not all on avsim though.

another program which is handy is fsscreen which allows you to make screenshots

the only thing you really need is a joystick, flying without is rather hard

Comment

as for payware, I'd get the Level-D 767 and the PMDG 737NG, freeware, anything by Project Opensky.

btw, if you have any specific planes or sceneries you want, ask me over msn and I'll see what I can do.

Originally posted by sab319
            there's also loads of truly excellent freeware sceneries available, not all on avsim though.

another program which is handy is fsscreen which allows you to make screenshots

the only thing you really need is a joystick, flying without is rather hard
            yeah be sure to get a joystick, and dont bother with FSScreen, Snapper is much better

Comment

I'd slap in some payware aircraft and Scenery's in Tomorrow
              Suche gut gebaute 18-30 Jährigen zum schlachten.
              - Metzgermeister

Comment

Janni, this is completely free and a pretty good addon too - search for 747s on avsim/flightsim, and then download ones which have a model made by Meljet. I seriously think they're the best freeware 747 developers out there.
                "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Originally posted by indian airlines
                  Janni, this is completely free and a pretty good addon too - search for 747s on avsim/flightsim, and then download ones which have a model made by Meljet. I seriously think they're the best freeware 747 developers out there.
                  The Meljet 777 is a MUST HAVE! That is the COOLEST plane out there!! You should get it!

Comment

Hey Janni-Chav
                    You can't call anyone a Chav....

Comment

My favourite payware add-ons that I've actually bought include:

Active sky 6 http://www.hifisim.com/

And the Level D 767-300 http://www.leveldsim.com/sevensix_home.asp

Also recommend any freeware water texture replacements

If you don't wanna pay huge bucks for add-ons , do what I do , go halves with a mate as most add-ons usually let you activate 2 or 3 times

Comment

Originally posted by Pacific Pride
                        My favourite payware add-ons that I've actually bought include:

Active sky 6 http://www.hifisim.com/

And the Level D 767-300 http://www.leveldsim.com/sevensix_home.asp

Also recommend any freeware water texture replacements

If you don't wanna pay huge bucks for add-ons , do what I do , go halves with a mate as most add-ons usually let you activate 2 or 3 times
                        got any screenshots of Active Sky 6? I've been thinking of buying it, but I'm not sure if its worth it.

Comment

Janni, When your all set up give me a buzz on MSn and ill send you stuff and help you with anything you need

Comment

Originally posted by Chris@YYZ
                            got any screenshots of Active Sky 6? I've been thinking of buying it, but I'm not sure if its worth it.
                            Buying ? Christian?!
                            AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!
                            Cheers,
                            A.M.

Comment

Originally posted by US Airways
                              Buying ? Christian?!
                              AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!
                              Cheers,
                              A.M.
                              no, seriously, I actually AM thinking of buying this, I dont know why, but I've been considering buying it for a couple months

Comment

Working...
                              X