This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KGEG View Post
    Well I got the PMDG 747 3 weeks ago and now I'm doing flights with that now that I know how to program the FMC for a full flight and do Autoland's and stuff now. [...]
    Nice. I like to have some fps in my simulation, so for the pmdg's I need a new cpu. In my CLS A343, I am taking comfort for a while. Recently, I did a night flight to Johannesburg. What do you think, is it interesting to watch night flights?
    Maybe you wanna evaluate. Here it is,
    EDDL to FAJS (Johannesburg) - part I, dep was something like 1930 local, so we saw the sun no longer when we reached the African continent.
    Part II will follow soon (crossing the African continent).

South of EDDL

This time we don't stop at Genoa

Sardinia

The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
    The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
    And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
    This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

• I finished a few flights the last few days:

KLIT-KIAH (Little Rock to Houston) on a Beech 350 King Air

KPMD-KFAT (Palmdale to Fresno) on a Cessna 208 Caravan

KFAT-KRDD (Fresno to Redding) - same as Palmdale to Fresno flight.

Comment

• Been doing some 757-300 flights the last few days.

Singapore-Hong Kong and back
        Singapore-Manila and back

Today- Probably Singapore-Bangkok

Comment

• Working on a Etihad flight in the F1 paint scheme.
          OMAA-EGLL
          Thomas Ruth's A340, Paint by Jon Murchison.

Comment

• I wrapped up MMMX (Mexico City Benito Juarez) - New York JFK on a MD90 late this morning. At a bit over 4 hours it was the longest flight I've flown to date on MSFS.

Comment

• KDEN-KLAX for Southwest Virtual... 1hr away of KLAX at FL310, Mach .78

Comment

• Just did Auckland-Sydney and back in the Air New Zealand 767-300ER.

PMDG 747's flights I've done the last few weeks (all to and from):

Air China- Beijing-Shanghai Hongqiao
                Air India - Mumbai-Kolkata
                Malaysia Airlines- Kuala Lumpur-Jakarta
                Lufthansa- Frankfurt-Tel Aviv
                United- Los Angeles-Chicago
                British AIrways- London Heathrow-Cairo (still have to fly back to Heathrow)

Comment

• Frontier airlines a319
                  DEN-SFO
                  250 miles out at flight level 350

Comment

• Current fs flight

Not quite current, but recently flew from Rotterdam (EHRD) to Stansted (EGSS) aboard a privatair a319.

My next trip my random programme has drawn me the destination of leed's bradford!

Debating whether to stick with my A319 which i'm doing well inside or to upgrade to my 767 dreamliner paint which I recently acquired and my airline purchased (within FSP)

Comment

• Originally posted by KGEG View Post
                      [...]
                      PMDG 747's flights I've done the last few weeks (all to and from):

Air China- Beijing-Shanghai Hongqiao
                      Air India - Mumbai-Kolkata
                      Malaysia Airlines- Kuala Lumpur-Jakarta
                      Lufthansa- Frankfurt-Tel Aviv
                      United- Los Angeles-Chicago
                      British AIrways- London Heathrow-Cairo (still have to fly back to Heathrow)
                      Would you mind telling me how fast is your cpu and how big is your video memory (probably 512 MB or more...?)

I did the Tel Aviv thing some months ago, but since I wonder if I can replace my Posky LH-B744 with the pmdg equivalent due to my (in my eyes) very slow computer.

Comment

• Originally posted by LH-B744 View Post
                        Would you mind telling me how fast is your cpu and how big is your video memory (probably 512 MB or more...?)

I did the Tel Aviv thing some months ago, but since I wonder if I can replace my Posky LH-B744 with the pmdg equivalent due to my (in my eyes) very slow computer.
                        Had this comp since March, its an EMachine. Has 3 GB RAM, a 2.20GHz Intel Celeron processor. The PMDG works good, I use FSX, but I still don't have everything turned up. Don't have road traffic on at all. And I only use 2x speed when using the PMDG, 4x with some other planes, yet when I descend and land alot of times the buildings have not all loaded yet coming out of accelerated time. So, the PMDG 747 works very smooth, but other aspects of FSX are still slow.

May as well say what I have done since I last posted:

767-300 ER

Des Moines to Spokane (UPS)

Halifax-Toronto and back (Air Canada)

Atlanta-Las Vegas and back (Delta)

PMDG 747:

Jeddah-Riyadh (Saudi Arabian)

Ariane 737-700

Las Vegas- El Paso (Southwest)

Comment

• Originally posted by gazpodel View Post
                          Not quite current, but recently flew from Rotterdam (EHRD) to Stansted (EGSS) aboard a privatair a319.

My next trip my random programme has drawn me the destination of leed's bradford!

Debating whether to stick with my A319 which i'm doing well inside or to upgrade to my 767 dreamliner paint which I recently acquired and my airline purchased (within FSP)

flew my 767 upto leeds b.ford nd just need to head back to STN now.......

Does anyone think that flying a 767-200 on short range hops in the Uk and also eastern europe (EG holland, Belgium, Germany, France) is unrealistic

Comment

• Originally posted by gazpodel View Post
                            flew my 767 upto leeds b.ford nd just need to head back to STN now.......

Does anyone think that flying a 767-200 on short range hops in the Uk and also eastern europe (EG holland, Belgium, Germany, France) is unrealistic
                            No, many airlines fly wide bodies in short haul. Heck, 744's even fly domestic in Japan!

Comment

• Originally posted by LH-B744 View Post
                              [...]In my CLS A343, I am taking comfort for a while. Recently, I did a night flight to Johannesburg. What do you think, is it interesting to watch night flights?
                              Maybe you wanna evaluate. Here it is,
                              EDDL to FAJS (Johannesburg) - part I, dep was something like 1930 local, so we saw the sun no longer when we reached the African continent.
                              Part II will follow soon (crossing the African continent).
                              [Part I:] South of EDDL - This time we don't stop at Genoa - Sardinia.
                              Well, "soon" maybe has to be defined in a new way... But here it is,
                              Part II
                              Africa is a looooooong continent.... quite some nmi away from Luanda Center

-
                              Did I mention that I always fly without fast forward? Man, this takes time..

-
                              Welcome to Johannesburg

Comment

• Since August 23

767-300ER

Tokyo Narita to Koror/Babelthuap (Japan Airlines) Landing at this place was fun! Thank god it was a good one.

Naha-Nagoya Chubu Centrair (All Nippon)

757-200

Phoenix to Cancun (U.S Airways)

Embraer 190

Ft. Lauderdale to San Juan (JetBlue)

737-400

Calgary to Whitehorse (Air North)

PMDG 747-400

London Heathrow-Bahrain (British Airways)

Comment

Working...
                                X