What are your bad crashes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are your bad crashes?

Well I was flying a cargo plane into PHL in a bad crosswind (it was an MD-11) and I did the wing low method and I guess the right wing was a little too low. Next thing I know I'm skidding along sideways and about to go upside down. What are some of your bad (but not intentional) crashes that you've had?
    I almost had one recently at LGB where I was in a 172R and I started an intentional spin at 5000 ft. It got pretty crazy and I recovered at like 100 feet!

I departed MAN for JFK in a 747-200 (PIA) and when I was climbing (Trying to!) I stalled and crashed

Comment

Haha that reminds me of when I was flying a SQ 744 from LAX to HKG. I just crossed the coast and started my turn. When I was climbing I stalled so I lowered the nose and shoved the throttle forward. The plane still wouldn't recover and I was getting lower and lower. I was well above my stall speed so I didn't know what was going on. So I decided I was going to have to pull up and I did but the plane just went straight into the ocean lol. I have no clue why it stalled like that.

Comment

I'll tell you tomorrow- when MSFS arrives in my mailbox

Comment

I was flying the YF23 at treetop level, and I hit...you guessed it...a treetop.
          "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

well, I tried to put a 747 into a loop at 1000 feet, and I almost made it, almost, if only the ground had been another 1000 feet away

I've had some pretty spectacular crashes, but that one owned me the most

Comment

My bad was when I was approaching Toronto Center in A319 doing visual. I guess I was flying too low and the aircraft took bath so did passengers. Another one when approaching St. Maarten in SkySerice 767 doing visual I probably scarred people down there and took some parts of the fence with me... :/

Comment

Originally posted by pkonowrocki
                My bad was when I was approaching Toronto Center in A319 doing visual. I guess I was flying too low and the aircraft took bath so did passengers. Another one when approaching St. Maarten in SkySerice 767 doing visual I probably scarred people down there and took some parts of the fence with me... :/
                hahahahaha, once I took the fence with me in a Citation X in multiplayer, I was 3 feet over Maho Beach, but I made the runway, and didnt crash

Comment

I was doing my first flight with my new joystick(momentous occasion for me, I went 8 years playing FS without one) from MIA-TPA in a Midway Fokker 100. I was at about 100 feet ready to start my flare when a Piedmont 733 comes flying over me and touches down even though it was told to go around. I hit the throttles and pulled up sharply to go around since I would hit it on the runway, but my tail struck the ground and the flight ended. Did I mention how much I hate FS ATC/AI?
                  sigpic
                  http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

I was flying YYZ-YUL in an AC A321 and everything went perfect until the landing. The approach to YUL was perfect, but when I flared and started to sink to the runway, the main wheel just went straight through until the nose ended up on the runway with most of the plane submerged underground and it said I had crashed. It really sucked.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris@YYZ
                      hahahahaha, once I took the fence with me in a Citation X in multiplayer, I was 3 feet over Maho Beach, but I made the runway, and didnt crash
                      Haha I remember u sent me a screenshot :> It was awesome. I wish I was on the beach that time

Comment

Originally posted by pilotgolfer
                        I was flying YYZ-YUL in an AC A321 and everything went perfect until the landing. The approach to YUL was perfect, but when I flared and started to sink to the runway, the main wheel just went straight through until the nose ended up on the runway with most of the plane submerged underground and it said I had crashed. It really sucked.
                        Thats some sort of problem that happens with some planes. I know I had an MD-80 that used to do that, also the old POSKY 767's, always used to do that. All this was in FS2002, haven't had it happen in FS2004, but I've flown mostly payware planes with FS2004 so those are generally high quality.

btw... I never crash, crash detection is turned off

Comment

Usually I have it on, but for some reason it was off for that period of time.

Comment

My worst experience in FS wasn’t a crash per say, I flew a B-52 from a AFB in northern Alaska and was on approach to SFO, after weaving through mountains at a hundred feet AGL on the way, when it just "warped" into an MD-80 on finals to meigs field. I was pissed off....

Comment

Originally posted by seventwo
                              My worst experience in FS wasn’t a crash per say, I flew a B-52 from a AFB in northern Alaska and was on approach to SFO, after weaving through mountains at a hundred feet AGL on the way, when it just "warped" into an MD-80 on finals to meigs field. I was pissed off....
                              What the...how did that happen?!
                              sigpic
                              http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Working...
                              X