The Process of a N00b- Janni's (n00by) MSFS Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Process of a N00b- Janni's (n00by) MSFS Thread

Thought I would make my own MSFS thread to post my process and fun (aka "I'm-an-idiot") stories- if anyone would like to add theirs, you'd be very welcome- that way, I don't feel all alone being new (and stupid) to Microsoft Flight Simulator (and so it has a bit of relevance to this forum- because my first posts won't be THAT relevant!)... anyway, here goes!

----------
    4:04 PM, Day one: Currently up to disc 3 in the installing process... DAMN this takes time It just hit 70% and asks me to stuff in disc 3... I should unpack my joystick around now...

AAAAH!!! this is slow!

EDIT:
    4:08 PM: is currently stuck at 81% while the D drive makes weird sounds... installing Paris.cab I knew the french files would mess this up

4:09 PM: EDIT!!! Just rose to 82% but still makes funny noises weird thing...

4:16: 90% woooo! not making stupid noises either

4:19: 100%! Now, the fun starts...

oh wait... "decompressing scenery files. Please wait. Currently extracting..." ... bloody %&/(!!

4:23: All set up!! Will be back later
    ----------

Do share stories
    Last edited by janni-chan; 2006-02-22, 15:23.

Hmm, I would share a story...

...if I could even remember how it was when I first installed MSFS. Though I gotta admit that I have had a few tantrums when an addon, mostly AFCADs, wouldn't work out the way it should have done .

Comment

Uninstall the defualt AI right away and install at the very least Project AI!!!

Comment

6:58 PM: P!ssed off! Joystick doesn't work right no matter how many times I uninstall and reinstall... I definitely need better graphics

I even managed to get the Rod flight instructor guy get mad at me

I give up for today... new joystick (logitech attack 3 *drools*) should arrive tomorrow/the day after... and I will talk kaddy into teaching me when I come over from the 28th

Comment

Originally posted by janni-chan
          6:58 PM: P!ssed off! Joystick doesn't work right no matter how many times I uninstall and reinstall... I definitely need better graphics

I even managed to get the Rod flight instructor guy get mad at me

I give up for today... new joystick (logitech attack 3 *drools*) should arrive tomorrow/the day after... and I will talk kaddy into teaching me when I come over from the 28th

Hey! I have the Logitech Attack 3 it's coolIf you need any 'over the internet' flying lessons im always on msn

Comment

Originally posted by Sam at MAN
            Hey! I have the Logitech Attack 3 it's coolIf you need any 'over the internet' flying lessons im always on msn
            [/i]
            I appreciate that, Sam My laptop however won't run the thing at all (the scenery is all blocks and the instrument board is a black box ) so when i fly, I have to use my brother's computer... which IS better but not THAT good I think Kevin's computer is better graphic-wise... but when I'm in the UK and I get heaps of time to fly while kev's at work, I'll give you a shout, mate!

Comment

I will talk kaddy into teaching me when I come over from the 28th
              Believe it or not he was the one who got into this whole aviation thing by coming round to my house and installing it for me and helping me the with the basics etc. That was like three years ago though and I don't think he's played FS properly since then so he probably won't be very interested

Dale

Comment

Originally posted by G-DALE
                Believe it or not he was the one who got into this whole aviation thing by coming round to my house and installing it for me and helping me the with the basics etc. That was like three years ago though and I don't think he's played FS properly since then so he probably won't be very interested

Dale
                As long as he can teach me, I don't care I wouldn't expect him to play or anything, as long as he can help me out just a little

I do need something to do when he's working from like 4 AM to 9 PM

Comment

As long as he can teach me, I don't care I wouldn't expect him to play or anything, as long as he can help me out just a little

I do need something to do when he's working from like 4 AM to 9 PM
                  We should fly online sometime

Comment

We should fly online sometime
                    Join the queue

J/k, buddy Of course we should!

Comment

[/i]
                      before you offer lessons Sam, you should learn yourself!
                      *cough*dont land into on-coming traffic*cough*

Comment

Originally posted by Chris@YYZ
                        LOL don't be so mean to him
                        I'm flying since 2000 (going to be 6 years) and I still make mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris@YYZ
                          I was errrr,experimenting
                          Originally posted by pkonowrocki
                          LOL don't be so mean to him
                          I'm flying since 2000 (going to be 6 years) and I still make mistakes.
                          Yeee thank you

Comment

Janni can you post some of your landing shots please

Comment

I was errrr,experimenting
                              sure you were sam, sure you were...

Janni, yeah, lets see some of YOUR landing shots then we'll compare them to Hampo's landing "style"

Comment

Working...
                              X