Getting sketched out in FS.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting sketched out in FS.....

lol.... Sometimes, when flying on FS, at night and I'm flying to an airport I've never flown to before, I get a little wierded out when the visibility goes down.(less than a mile) I realize its only a computer game but it's times like that Im thankfull im in my arm chair. Kudos to Pilots, Real world and Sim world that can land safely in less than bad visibility.... I've been working on ILS approaches and I'm getting quite good..... I still make mistakes, getting too slow, too low... I've flown a real plane only once, and unfortunatly, im not very into it... I'd rather fly on a computer, where I can make mistakes and no one gets hurt.... lol....
    To sum it up, Pilots are O.K.
    -Jay

Hi JRR,

Remember that you're seated at a chair...and that the monitor and the chair aren't force feedback, so the feeling compared from a real flight to a simulated one is very different. If you have visibility you can "see" the turbulence but in IMC you can check only for the HSI if it gets shacked...

Another way is to buy a force feedback joystick wich may help you to feel your flights more real

Comment

Andres,
      I agree 100%...Im just saying I get the "willies" in a video game..... I can't imagine the pressure in real life!!!!

P.S.

UPSVAC pilot #411 here!!!

Comment

I've actually gotten nerves sometimes when I was trying to seriously practice when fs 2004. Then I realized how much of a dork I am and they went away...

Comment

Originally posted by JJR
          m just saying I get the "willies" in a video game..... I can't imagine the pressure in real life!!!!
          No doubt in real life things may be harder!!!

Comment

Yeah. In the 172 I fly I get a little nervous before takeoff. But once i start rolling it all melts away.

Comment

I understand what you mean JJR, even if it is "just a computer game." In the real world though you have to remember that airline pilots work almost day in, day out doing this. Therefore they have alot of experience with thousands of hours under their belts and most of the time it's "just another day at the office" to them. Afterall it is their job and has been for many years

Dale

Comment

Originally posted by JordanD
                I've actually gotten nerves sometimes when I was trying to seriously practice when fs 2004. Then I realized how much of a dork I am and they went away...
                hahahahahaha, so true

sometimes if I'm flying the AN-225 I get really irritable if I'm on a virual approach to somewhere

Comment

Working...
                X