Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Haneda-Niigata Japan in a JAC YS-11 (56k warning)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haneda-Niigata Japan in a JAC YS-11 (56k warning)

So I have a lot of homework that I should be doing...but I dont want to, so I decided to do a flight and shoot some screenshots. A friend sent me new textures for the sky as well as new sun effects, pretty happy with both.

1) Before startup at Haneda

2) Firing up some of the most unique sounding engines ever. Too bad you can't include sound in screenshots

3) Holding short of runway 20 (if I remember correctly). Check out Rainbow Bridge in the background. I was surprised that MS made the colored lights that change color (hence the name) into the bridge.

4) Rotate

5) Initial Climbout with the wheels comin up

6) Looking back at Haneda

7) Shinjuku, the building that looks like 3 skyscrapers together is the Park Hyatt where lost in translation was filmed

Cruise with the sun finally starting to light the sky

9) As seen from the virtual cockpit

10) Starting to get vectors for the ILS runway 28 at Niigata

11) Descending over the fog covered mountains (I know it looks kinda lame)

12) Turning to intercept the localizer

13) WTF? So I'm about 8 miles from the airport and I hear another airplane call up tower on the same approach only 10 miles away...shortly therafter

14) WTF #2...this one proves two things. The comptuer can't shoot an ILS, and the ATC on FS2004 sucks

15) So I slowed down as much as I could hoping he could clear the runway, but this is right before I was told to go around

16) Here I am with the airport to my right, barely visable through the fog

17) Short final #2, runway is clear, and cleared to land

And that are it. I was gonna include one landing shot, and then one after I parked, but whenever I have any kind of reduced visibility and use spot plane you can't see a damn thing other than the plane. Does anybody elses computer do that?

nice shots Joe, where'd you get the YS-11?

Originally posted by screaming_emu
    14) WTF #2...this one proves two things. The comptuer can't shoot an ILS, and the ATC on FS2004 sucks
    we already knew that

And that are it. I was gonna include one landing shot, and then one after I parked, but whenever I have any kind of reduced visibility and use spot plane you can't see a damn thing other than the plane. Does anybody elses computer do that?
    nope, usually I can still see stuff around me, just not very well.

Comment

Nice shots!, ATC can be a bitch...

Comment

bootiful!

ATC IS the bitch of flight sim.. Trying to land 3 times at FRA with a go-around eachtime.... sucky

And no dont mention VATSIM It would take me months to figure that thing out

Comment

Nice shots Joe

Comment

Great shots Joe Something a little different for once

Comment

Nice are those sky and sun textures freeware ??? If yes can u please post a link ???

Comment

Originally posted by Chris@YYZ
                nice shots Joe, where'd you get the YS-11?

nope, usually I can still see stuff around me, just not very well.
                Thanks, I think I got it from flightsim.com. I really like the plane, I think its better than some of the payware stuff I've had. Just a warning though, dont take off with full throttle....well, do it, but after you do it once, you'll see why not . Just becareful not to overtemp the engines, cause they will shut down on you

Yeah, the whole not being able to see the ground after I land is probably a computer issue as it happened in 2002 as well. I can see things well for about 2 seconds, then it flickers a bit, then everything but the plane is a complete whiteout, looks normal from the cockpit though.

Originally posted by pkonowrocki
                Nice are those sky and sun textures freeware ??? If yes can u please post a link ???
                I believe so, a friend of mine just sent it to me, said he got it from simviation.com. The names are sunmod_v2.zip and WEUv2.zip

Comment

hah, as soon as I get FS back I'll try it out and post the result

Comment

I believe so, a friend of mine just sent it to me, said he got it from simviation.com. The names are sunmod_v2.zip and WEUv2.zip
                    Thanx a lot after using FSWorld which looked crappy after saving it as jpg I couldn't find good Sky textures.

Comment

I love the YS-11, never seen screenshots here of one. Nice shots, and ya, FS9 ATC is retarded, and so are the AI pilots who taxi down the runway at 3 knots after they land causing all the go arounds.
                      sigpic
                      http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Originally posted by Crunk415balla
                        I love the YS-11, never seen screenshots here of one. Nice shots, and ya, FS9 ATC is retarded, and so are the AI pilots who taxi down the runway at 3 knots after they land causing all the go arounds.
                        I have Traffic 2005 and you can change what speed they taxi at

Comment

Originally posted by RingwaySam
                          I have Traffic 2005 and you can change what speed they taxi at
                          I want

Comment

Great screenshots man !
                            Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris@YYZ
                              I want
                              I know it's against your religion to buy things but you really should consider it

Comment

Working...
                              X