Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Belgium March news update

Brussels, Sunday 5 march

Once again a month has passed and a new one has started. For us here at Air Belgium we had one of the biggest milestones of our history yesterday. Our first A340-600 OO-ABA, named Pieter Paul Rubens after the famous Flemish painter, was delivered to us. Of course this delivery was celebrated by a huge show for press and staff and was also the high point of the 2 years Air Belgium celebrations.

After an awesome show with loads of dance, music, graphical effects and smoke our new plane rolled into the hangar. The A340-600 is one of the largest planes currently in commercial service and we are extremely happy to operate it aswell now. It's our new flagship plane and will enable us to keep one of the most modern virtual fleets in the virtual aviation world because this means we can start retiring the first of our older MD11 planes. The first MD11 is expected to leave the fleet in april for it's new owner, Air Lambert, as more A340-600's are delivered and put into service.

The first A340-600's will be seen flying on A340-300 routes to train our crews and gain experience with the type. Starting may the A340-600 will start flying on their dedicated routes with Brussels - Rio de Janeiro - Buenos Aires beeing the first.

To inform our passengers we have put together a brochure about the A340-600 to let them see what it's like and how and where it will be used, any interested person can view it here: Browser Version or PDF Version

Even though the original order was for 6 A340-600's and 4 A340-500's we have converted the -500 orders into more -600 so we will be receiving a total of 10 A340-600's. All planes have been named after a famous Belgian painter and will have pictures of famous artworks of these painters fitted on-board as decorations.

Of course the delivery of the Airbus A340-600 is not the only news we have this month. Air Belgium has decided to start installing service points throught out the terminals in Brussels to improve customer services. These Service points will include a machine to provide tea and coffe, a water dispenser, a magazine rack from where you can collect your free Air Belgium brochures and in-flight magazines and some power points to recharge your laptop. We hope to serve the needs of our passengers even better by doing this and will install these points in more airports if they are a succes.

As last but not least we would like to inform that we are going to reconfigure our business A320's and A321's. We will lower the amount of Diamond class seats because of low demand and add more (Premium) Discovery class seats to meet market demands. Every night one plane will go to the hangar to adjust the cabin and will be ready to start daily services again in the morning. This operation should not take too long so that any possible inconvenience for passengers will be minimal.

So that was it for this month, but watch out for next months release becasue we will present you a few breathtaking things, so see you next time ...

Again good news from AB! Congrats 340-600 was a good choice (is it CLS?). I love your Rotate magazine. Good luck with her and a new load coming next month

Comment

very nice, what A346 model is that?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris@YYZ
        very nice, what A346 model is that?
        CLS I got it yesterday. It is amazing. MAybe only for me who is a jumbo jet size airplanes lover. But I just love this flying pencil

Comment

Originally posted by pkonowrocki
          CLS I got it yesterday. It is amazing. MAybe only for me who is a jumbo jet size airplanes lover. But I just love this flying pencil
          nice *cough*Skype!*cough*

Comment

Originally posted by pkonowrocki
            What are the FPS like?

Comment

Originally posted by RingwaySam
              What are the FPS like?
              I heard there terrible

Comment

Originally posted by YYZPICS
                I heard there terrible
                yeah, I herd the same thing

Comment

it's indeed the CLS model (sorry forgot to mention that) and it flies perfectly on better computers, the FPS problem should be solved with Service Pack 1 though.
                  It's one of my best payware Fs addons imho

Comment

Originally posted by sab319
                    it's indeed the CLS model (sorry forgot to mention that) and it flies perfectly on better computers, the FPS problem should be solved with Service Pack 1 though.
                    It's one of my best payware Fs addons imho
                    great! mond posting some shots of the Panel?

btw, does it have an FMC?

Comment

Yep CLS is awesome. I don't have any FPS problems. FMC sucks as it is nothing more than GPS put into a computer :/ Soundset is really wierd but vc is nice

some shots:

cabin is to come with service pack.
                      comes with a set of liveries

Comment

Not too bad. Is it really worth the money though?

Comment

Originally posted by RingwaySam
                          Not too bad. Is it really worth the money though?
                          For jumbo jets lover YES

Comment

very very nice! what paint schemes does it come with?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris@YYZ
                              very very nice! what paint schemes does it come with?
                              CLS's house colors. But the livery installer included. Liveries:
                              - cathay pacific
                              - airbus house nc
                              - iberia
                              - virgin atlantic
                              - lufthansa
                              - south african
                              - fabric
                              - paint kit
                              - air china
                              - thai

Comment

Working...