Awesome Gaming Computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome Gaming Computer

Wasn't sure where this thread would fit, so I decided to put it here. I came across a pretty good computer (built particularly for gaming) on Ebay, at a decent price for its specs, and seeing as how many of you are dissatisfied with your graphics card and whatnot, it might be worth it to check it out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gaming-PC-AMD-At...QQcmdZViewItem
    "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

It's a nice pc for average gaming use but it isn't awesome and certainly not worth the $1100 he wants for it.

Comment

I just bought this

"Ultima Extreme Crossfire X1900 XT-X" AMD Athlon 64 FX60 Dual DDR Silent System (FS-021-OK)
      If you are looking for the ultimate AMD box then look no further than the Ultima Extreme Crossfire AMD Athlon 64 FX60 Dual Core. Supplied pre-built it has an impressive specification to say the least :-

- AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core FX60 (Socket 939) CPU
      - AMD Approved cooler
      - Asus A8R-MVP ATi Crossfire Dual Channel PCI-Express Motherboard
      - Corsair 2GB DDR XMS3500LL Pro TwinX (2x1GB) CAS2 Dual Channel Kit
      - 2 x 150GB Western Digital Raptor 16MB Cache SATA Hard Drive (RAID 0 Configured)
      - ATI Radeon X1900 Crossfire Edition 512MB GDDR3 TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express)
      - ATI Radeon X1900 XT-X 512MB GDDR3 AVIVO TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express)
      - Plextor PX-755A 16x16 Dual Layer DVD±RW ReWriter (Black)
      - Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty Sound Card
      - Black floppy drive
      - Coolermaster Wavemaster Black Case
      - FSP Sparkle FX700-GLN Epsilon 700W ATX2.0 PSU
      - Metal Braided Rounded Floppy Cable (0.5m)
      - Metal Braided Rounded Ultra ATA100/66 IDE Cable (0.45m)
      - Metal Braided SATA Cable
      - Windows XP Professional pre-installed with License and CD supplied
      Lee "Shaggy" Shand

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggy
        I just bought this

"Ultima Extreme Crossfire X1900 XT-X" AMD Athlon 64 FX60 Dual DDR Silent System (FS-021-OK)
        If you are looking for the ultimate AMD box then look no further than the Ultima Extreme Crossfire AMD Athlon 64 FX60 Dual Core. Supplied pre-built it has an impressive specification to say the least :-

- AMD Approved cooler
        - 2 x 150GB Western Digital Raptor 16MB Cache SATA Hard Drive (RAID 0 Configured)
        - Black floppy drive
        Wow how much was that?
        Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

I just bought this

- AMD Approved cooler
          - Black floppy drive

damn, thats impressive, how much did it cost you?

Comment

Originally posted by Shadower
            It's a nice pc for average gaming use but it isn't awesome and certainly not worth the $1100 he wants for it.
            Yeah, $1100 might be stretching it a bit, but that's just a buy it now price anyway...the computer is brand new and up for auction. Me being a cash-strapped college kid though can't afford it either way.

Shaggy, impressive computer there.
            "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

Comment

Last one on the page. http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatal...l_systems.html

Opens RAW files fairly quickly
              Lee "Shaggy" Shand

Comment

damn £2,495.00 what do you do for a living Shag? cuz I want in!

Comment

I just bought this
                  Very nice..

How do you like the Crossfire system? I've been looking into that myself, mostly for the multiple monitor thing, but the additional rendering in games would be nice.

Was there any reason you went with the Crossfire stuff? To me nVidia's SLI system just seems like old tech they got from Monster3D brought into the next decade. :| I was never very happy with my Diamond Monster3D-2 SLI setup back in the day. It worked ok for somethings but if it didn't have this API or that driver it was next to useless, as the new SLI system seems to be. ATI's Crossfire seems to be pretty independent of such issues. Is that correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Genessee
                    Very nice..

How do you like the Crossfire system? I've been looking into that myself, mostly for the multiple monitor thing, but the additional rendering in games would be nice.

Was there any reason you went with the Crossfire stuff? To me nVidia's SLI system just seems like old tech they got from Monster3D brought into the next decade. :| I was never very happy with my Diamond Monster3D-2 SLI setup back in the day. It worked ok for somethings but if it didn't have this API or that driver it was next to useless, as the new SLI system seems to be. ATI's Crossfire seems to be pretty independent of such issues. Is that correct?

that just flew way over my head.

Comment

Originally posted by indian airlines
                      Yeah, $1100 might be stretching it a bit, but that's just a buy it now price anyway...the computer is brand new and up for auction. Me being a cash-strapped college kid though can't afford it either way.

Shaggy, impressive computer there.
                      Brand new or not (I can't believe it is new), it is full of out-dated components, I'd give $450~550 for it max.

Shaggy, you may have to much money, but you sure know how to spend it, that's a nice pc you got there

Comment

Originally posted by Chris@YYZ
                        that just flew way over my head.
                        SLI and Crossfire are two ways the manufacturers have come up with to link multiple video cards together. The can work together or on some cases on their own.

If you head over to www.tomshardware.com and search for Crossfire and/or SLI, there should be some decent info there.

Comment

Originally posted by Genessee
                          SLI and Crossfire are two ways the manufacturers have come up with to link multiple video cards together. The can work together or on some cases on their own.

If you head over to www.tomshardware.com and search for Crossfire and/or SLI, there should be some decent info there.
                          ahhhhhhhh, alright, I get it now

Comment

Originally posted by Shadower
                            Brand new or not (I can't believe it is new), it is full of out-dated components, I'd give $450~550 for it max.
                            It's brand new, I know for a fact, but eh well, that's a point of an auction, you bid what you think you deserve to pay, and if you come out tops, you get it. I just pointed it out, because even though it doesn't have top-end parts and specifications, it has nice stuff in it, and comes with a pretty good case.

Would I buy it? Not for 1100 dollars, no. But then again I couldn't afford Shaggy's getup either, so I would be willing to pay about 800-900 for that PC.

Comment

Wow, thats pretty sweet!

As for the computer in the e-bay auction... my laptop could proabably own it.

Comment

Working...
                              X