PSS A320/A330/A340 Autopilot/MCDU Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSS A320/A330/A340 Autopilot/MCDU Help

Alright, I just installed the PSS A320/A330/A340 planes, and I've been trying to figure out how the heck the autopilot/MCDU works. So far I'm failing dismally, and the tutorials I got with the A330/A340 really dont help much.

Can anyone help me out here? All I really want to know is how to program a route, fly it, do ILS, just the basics, I'm not interested in knowing how every last system works.

Thanks

Christian

Basically, if the autopilot settings are blocked out with lines, that means that they are under control of the FMS, if there are numbers there, they are under your control.

To program a route, you have to first fill out the INIT pages. Make sure you put in the Zero Fuel Weight, and the Fuel Onboard. Then go and put in your route. The airports should be selected already to the INIT page. Once, thats done, go to PERF pages, and set the temperature, and right click to select the V speeds on the keys next to the proper fields.

When you go to takeoff, make sure the altitude is set to whatever your first altitude is going to be. Use the + key on the keyboard to advance the thrust levers to the second detent, FLX or something like that, that will be a derated thrust takeoff. If you want full thrust, move them up to TOGA. When you reach Vr speed, rotate about 10 degrees, and keep it there until the flight director bars come up, after that follow the bars to be on the proper path. At thrust reduction altitude, 1700ft by default, move the thrust levers back to CL detent, they remain here for the rest of the flight and don't move. The flight director will then have you reduce your climb in order to accelerate 250kts. You can fly manually, or enable autopilot at any time.

To start a decent, you have to select a lower altitude, then wait till the plane gets to the td point (white arrow on nav display), and push it. The decent will start.

For landing,get your speeds from the approach/landing section under PERF in the MCDU. To set ILS frequencies, use the RADNAV (i think that what it's called) in the MCDU. The ILS should get set though, when you select the arrival runway.

Hope this helps (if it doesn't confuse you more)

Comment

I also have a problem with the PSS Airbus autopilot, how do i activate the altitude, speed, and heading holds, i can only find the master switch and auto throttles.
      sigpic
      http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Originally posted by Crunk415balla
        I also have a problem with the PSS Airbus autopilot, how do i activate the altitude, speed, and heading holds, i can only find the master switch and auto throttles.
        push (left click) for FMS control. Pull (right click) for manual control of the setting.

Comment

Originally posted by Airbus_A320
          push (left click) for FMS control. Pull (right click) for manual control of the setting.
          alright, I'll give your quick blurb above a shot and tell you what happens.

Comment

alright, when I engagw the autopilot/nav etc. it turns me on course, but it gives me 20 degrees of nose up pitch, and the V/S doesnt work

Edit: and how do I decrease the v/S and Altitude? I dont get a '-' sign to decrease the number

Edit1: oh, and outta the blue, for no apparent readon I just stalled :| I was going speed manually, I was at 300KIAS, climbing to FL280 at 1800FPM at 20,000, so when I started stalling, I disengaged the autopilot, and I recovered, then my speed dropped again, and I hit the ground :|

Edit2: alright, I'm re-doing my flight, but I cant get the plane to decend!

btw, I'm flying the A332

Comment

alright, I have another prob, as I was flying today, all of a sudden the little line connecting CELAR to YSO dissapeared. I dont know exactly when, but it just dissapeared, me plane is still flying tho, and it says the FMC still has control.
              My flightplan was CYOW CELAR YSO SIMCOE2 CYYZ

Heres a screenie

Comment

Was there a flightplan discontinuity message in the FMC between the fixes?

Comment

Originally posted by Airbus_A320
                  Was there a flightplan discontinuity message in the FMC between the fixes?
                  nope, but after that haooened it just kept going on the saME HEADING AND INTERCEPTED THE COURSE FOR THE REST OF THE FLIGHT.

DAMN i HaTe cApSlOcK

Comment

I just tried the A340, pretty terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by YYZPICS
                      I just tried the A340, pretty terrible.
                      hahaha, yeah, it took me about 7 painful crashes and collisions before I (sorta) figured it out

but to put my skills to the test, I'm going to do YYZ-GRU (Sao Paulo Brasil) on friday in the A343

Comment

Working...
                      X