Checking Framerates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Checking Framerates

Is there any way I can check what fps I'm getting at a particular time? I know I can set a target framerate in the display settings (which is set at 25 right now), but can I check if I'm actually getting 25?
    "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

I believe it's somehwere in the upper left corner when you press Shift+Z 3 times, Mr Zchicken .
    Suche gut gebaute 18-30 Jährigen zum schlachten.
    - Metzgermeister

Comment

Gracias Zduck, I never knew about the Shift+Z thing.

What's the deal with the framerate slider though? Should you set it at the average fps your computer gets, or should you set it at the fps you think your computer can handle. My roommate set his slider at 70, even though his computer only averages 35-40. Will this setting have some sort of negative performance impact or will it not make any difference?
      "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

I just put mine at unlimited or something... whatever one doesnt specify.

Comment

Working...
        X