Just bought FS2004

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought FS2004

And have been having fun trying to fly them lol not done anything serious yet still geting the hang of it can anyone give me some links that might be of interest to me i have already found iFDG so anymore would be good thx

Practice makes perfect. It depends really, is it just the landings that your struggling with or something else?

Comment

May I ask if you are connected to aviation in real world ? As it usually helps playing FS

Usufull links are:

www.avsim.net - the best site with addons
      www.projectopensky.com - great jets
      www.vatsim.net - online flying
      www.projectai.com - real AI

Comment

Originally posted by RingwaySam
        Practice makes perfect. It depends really, is it just the landings that your struggling with or something else?
        Hi Sam

Its pretty much everything atm but landings are my worse point i seem to run out of runway thank god i dont have damage on but as i say only had it a few days so theres a lot to learn the book dont really explain that much does it did a couple of short trips last night to try and sus A/P out just direct routes.

Comment

Hi

When I was practising my landings I had a weird but kinda justified way to learning.

When i was on the runway, I'd take an external look at the plane to make sure that the nose was dead on the centreline. Then, make a reference point on the panel (mine was where teh default 737-400 panel said "GPS" on the autopilot controls.

Then I just took off, flew around the airport and came in, from a distance, making sure that the "GPS" on the panel was in line with the runway. If you try something like that it'll keep you straight.

Also, just make sure you're slowing down enough on landing - fly at about 150 KIAS, flaps fully down, just to make sure you have enough speed and won't stall. Then it's just a case of practising it over and over.

I'd maybe advise practising on the one type of aircraft, then move onto different types. I find that heavier aircraft like the Boeing's and Airbus's are easier to control than the Cessna's, purely because they're heavier and not as responsive so you have slightly more margin for error when turning as it won't turn quite as quickly than a Cessna - also they're smoother on an approach, in my opinion.

I hope this helps; it might not, but it really worked for me.
          Regards

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by FatGit
            Hi Sam

Its pretty much everything atm but landings are my worse point i seem to run out of runway thank god i dont have damage on but as i say only had it a few days so theres a lot to learn the book dont really explain that much does it did a couple of short trips last night to try and sus A/P out just direct routes.
            for landings, you want to be on full flaps, have your spoilers armed, and get ready to hit the F2 button, which is your reverse thrust. also, land slowly, for heavies, around 150ias, for babybus size planes, around 130-140. and try to touch down around the touch-down markers.

if you have more questions, feel free to add me to msn if you have it.

Comment

Use the lessons that come with fs2004. Hardly anybody does but they'll help you. And start with the first ones too.

Comment

Working...
              X