Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How To Taxi Properly?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How To Taxi Properly?

    Can someone please tell me how to taxi properly? I use the arrow keys and the aircraft ends up swerving all over the place!

    Thanks!
    DTVAirport

  • #2
    Originally posted by bmiChris2k5
    Can someone please tell me how to taxi properly? I use the arrow keys and the aircraft ends up swerving all over the place!

    Thanks!
    a) use the smallest gradual imputs as possible
    b) buy a ruddy joystick
    Christian Vlček Sullivan | Through The Fence Photography
    Forever New Frontiers

    Comment


    • #3
      One way of looking at it is always make sure the centre line is in between your legs.

      And yeah taxiing is much easier when using a joystick with the twist action.

      Hope that helps,

      Dale

      Comment


      • #4
        Try using the rudder, with the Zero and the Right enter (at the right of the keyboard, next to the Num Pad)

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by meneses24
          Try using the rudder, with the Zero and the Right enter (at the right of the keyboard, next to the Num Pad)
          Yeap and to center the rudder just press "5" on Num Pad. Make sure not to go too fast as the faster you go the harder it is. I usually taxi at 15kias

          Comment


          • #6
            Use only the amount of power needed to get you going at a reasonable speed (around 15 kts like pk said). You'll notice on airliners they'll throttle up some and throttle back once they get moving.

            Comment


            • #7
              Thanks guys, I haven't had chance to try any of that yet but it sounds like the answer I'm looking for.
              DTVAirport

              Comment


              • #8
                As they said, just use "0" on the num pad to go left, "enter" to go right, and "5" to center. You'll get the hang of it. Hell, before I knew about the centering, I used the regular arrow keys to taxi, using my own judgement to know how far to go until the rudder was centered. At least it kept me on my toes.
                sigpic
                http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

                Comment


                • #9
                  Got some problems; numerpad enter turned the plane right but numberpads 0 and 5 didn't work, any suggestions?
                  DTVAirport

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Turn Num Lock off.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Dont forget you can also use differential braking on most aircraft - F10 to the left, F11 to the right. Especially useful with taildraggers and big planes.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by MaltaAirSpotter
                        Dont forget you can also use differential braking on most aircraft - F10 to the left, F11 to the right. Especially useful with taildraggers and big planes.
                        Also with taildraggers I use E+1 or E+2 to increase either first or second engine power to turn

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X