One feature they should have on the next Flight Simulator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One feature they should have on the next Flight Simulator

One feature I think would really be kind of cool to have on a Flight Simulator is to have it so that you can get shot down if you fly in restricted airspace. (Of course, you could set it so that you wouldn't get shot down)

That is a feature of FS Passangers, should you fly over a war zone.
    sigpic
    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

That sounds cool, but I think the more important is if they restore the crash modeling. Actually it goes along with being shor down. They took it out in 2002 but I think it would be cool to have it back.

Comment

What I would love to see in new FS is the option of plane hijacking and better crashes - you crash and the nyou see the cockpit on fire etc.

Comment

Realistic crashes. (Not that'd I'd see them much anyway) But it's dumb to have a plane just hit the ground perfectly intact and stay there. Planes should tumble around and cartwheel and all that crap. Jesus we're really morbid people.

Comment

Originally posted by pkonowrocki
            What I would love to see in new FS is the option of plane hijacking and better crashes - you crash and the nyou see the cockpit on fire etc.
            In all the combat simulators, they do. I heard you can download the combat planes and their weapons on the FS, too.

Comment

Originally posted by JordanD
              Realistic crashes (Not that'd I'd see them much anyway
              Somehow I doubt that

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralSirDouglasMcArthur
                In all the combat simulators, they do. I heard you can download the combat planes and their weapons on the FS, too.
                Yea. Recently I got the Captain Sim C-130 Hercules expansion pack, which gives you few new models including the military one with all the guns and everything. It has some nice effects such as fire from guns and sound effects, but it's still not the same as CFS. MSFS was created to be a civilian simulator and it will always be, whether you want it or not. And the crash and fire effects on the screenshot you can add using PSPX. Btw. as you'r new to FS if you need any more help with addons (freeware or peyware) just mail or MSN me and I can help you

Comment

pkonowrocki :

Sorry but as much as I respect your usual posts - I think this remark is totally thick and ignorant to what happened on 9/11. Flight Simulator is exactly that, a game to simulate flight - not a tool to practise your hi-jacking capabilities.

On a lighter note, I think that spray and water effects on wet runways would be an excellent effect that could feature in FSX.
                  Regards

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Benyhone
                    Sorry but as much as I respect your usual posts - I think this remark is totally thick and ignorant to what happened on 9/11. Flight Simulator is exactly that, a game to simulate flight - not a tool to practise your hi-jacking capabilities.
                    Actually you'r right. I didn't think about it. It is disrespecting to ppl who were killed on 9/11. So the hijacking option should not be in new FS. But better crashes, why not ?

Originally posted by Benyhone
                    On a lighter note, I think that spray and water effects on wet runways would be an excellent effect that could feature in FSX.
                    Yea completely agree. Plus the effect of water vapour on the wings and condensation inside the engines will be great.

Comment

Yeh it is a simulator, so I agree with crash detail. And to see condensation surround the plane and have loads and loads of spray on take off and landing would look none other than immense and truly as real as it gets.
                      Regards

Scott

Comment

I know they now have condensation from jets when way up high, but you can barely see it.

Comment

yeh, they have contrails, but what I mean is condensation caused through high humidity in the air.

For example:

To try and achieve results similar to these.
                          Regards

Scott

Comment

Well, PSS put these effects on their Concorde and A340 but they sucked...

Comment

Working...
                            X