Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many flight simulators have there been?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many flight simulators have there been?

They say that the FSX coming out is to be the 10th.

There were the 3 Combat simulators, and there was one before 98 that had just 4 aircraft on it, and there was 98, 2000, 2002, and 2004. That's only eight.

Well, in the thread that I created about FSX I gave you a link to Avsim article. I read it and in one point it said that the first FS was in late 70's I believe. It got an award for the original game idea. The other FSs that became popular and that we know about or had a chance to play are from 98 up. First FSs sucked with graphics but computers were pretty bad too

That's the first simulator:

Then proably the first popular FS: MSFS 98

The the famouse cover of MSFS 2000

And then my first simulator - MSFS 2002: (also known for two different covers)

Standart:

And professional (the one I had):

And finally MSFS2004:

Combat Flight Simulaotrs are a different group I believe just becasue they deal with shooting, not the beauty of flight lol

Microsoft has also other simulators, such as i.e. Microsoft Railroad simulator:

I hope FSX is not going to be the last in the family. I'm a real FS lover and that's probably my favourite game of life

Comment

When you say how many flight simulators, and not how many microsoft flight simulators, take into account Fly, Fly II, Flight Unlimited I/II/III. There's a lot out there.

And for mac's theres X-Plane (dunno how many versions of that there currently are)

Regards
      Regards

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Benyhone
        When you say how many flight simulators, and not how many microsoft flight simulators, take into account Fly, Fly II, Flight Unlimited I/II/III. There's a lot out there.

And for mac's theres X-Plane (dunno how many versions of that there currently are)

Regards
        I was talking about microsoft simulators. There was that Sim in the 70's

Then I know there was one before 98 that had just 4 aircraft on it. (Cessna 172/182, I can't remember which, Boeing 737, Schweizer Sailplane, and Sopwith Camel.

Then there was 98, 2000, 2002, and 2004.

I've never flown the CFS3, but I prefer the 1st one over the 2nd because it had better sound qualities; (the planes sound just like they do in real life!!) But in CFS2, it sounds like one plane in cockpit view, but when you press the shift+s to switch to spot view, it sounds totally different. (The P-38 sounds just like the P-51 did in spot mode! LOL )

Comment

Microsoft has also other simulators, such as i.e. Microsoft Railroad simulator:

Dude, that's Trainz, Which sucks @$$ , It's not even from Microsoft .
          Suche gut gebaute 18-30 Jährigen zum schlachten.
          - Metzgermeister

Comment

Originally posted by MaDbOy
            Dude, that's Trainz, Which sucks @$$ , It's not even from Microsoft .
            My bad... I'm not inot Train sims so sorry for that lol

Comment

I began with MSFS 5.1, an earlier version of the FS95

Later with FS95/98/2000/2002 Pro and 2004. And with CFS1 and the CFS2.

With FS98 when you saw Moving parts it was the best ever

With FS2000 the sceneries had also some interesting features like moving cars and the tow car...

Also with Fly Unlimited I/II/III they had a very good ATC development
              Last edited by meneses24; 2006-07-16, 17:08.

Comment

Working...
              X