Let's Create A Virtual Aircraft: The JP Jet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's Create A Virtual Aircraft: The JP Jet

How about creating a virtual aircraft for Microsoft Flight Simulator? If we could all put our heads together we could come up with a great design.

I don't know whether it will be a regional, short or long-haul jet yet, or how much it will seat - all that's for you to decide, but it's not going to be a turboprop. I've done a little bit of research and here's what I've come up with so far:

Specifications:

Type: Jet.
    Operating Height: Minimum 36,000ft, Average 38,000ft, Maximum 42,000ft.
    Operating Speed: Regional: Min 430kts, Avg 440kts, Max: 460kts. Short-Haul: Min 440kts, Avg 450kts, Max 470kts. Long-Haul: Min 470kts, Avg 490kts, Max 500kts.
    Passenger Capacity: Min 50, Max 350.
    Range: TBA.
    Engines: Regional=x2 GE CF34-11, Short-Haul=x2 CFM56-8, Long-Haul=x2 or x4 GE GEnx or RR Trent XWB.

Technology:

The technology below is to be better than that of similar real-life jets, but not unrealisticly better.

-Winglets or Raked Wingtips.
    -NVS – Noise and Vibration Suppression.
    -Composite Materials.
    -Lower Fuel Burn and Emissions.

Cockpit:

5 or 6 Flat Panel Multifunction LCD Screens.
    EFIS (I don't know exactly what this is, but I think it may be similar to the above).
    Side Sticks.
    Fly-by-Wire.
    EFB.

If I've missed anything, please point it out to me, I seriously hope that we can form a team and create this, think of the end product!
    DTVAirport

After that, why not make a Virtual airline: JP International Airways?

For a second there, I thought you were talking about a virtual airline...

Silly me
    -Zeypi / CX777 - Cathay Pacific VA Junior First Officer

Next Flights: FS2004
    EK332 DXB - MNL B77W
    NH001 IAD - NRT B77W
    NH007 SFO - NRT B77W
    NH009 JFK - NRT B77W
    NH011 ORD - NRT B77W

Comment

I'm probably glad I didn't really understand that post. If you were taking the p!ss, I've got to ask myself, why? Otherwise, I'm just baffled.
      DTVAirport

Comment

Do you ever actually work? You're only a few months older than me and I have a job as an Admin like you and I can tell you I don't even have half of the free time I use to.

I honestly don't know where you find the time to daydream about all your virtual airlines and the other BS all day long if your occupation is as your profile says.

Comment

Originally posted by bmiChris2k5
          I'm probably glad I didn't really understand that post. If you were taking the p!ss, I've got to ask myself, why? Otherwise, I'm just baffled.
          Sorry bout that.. Lack of sleep starts to have its effect on me..

What I meant was, at first, I thought you were talking about making a virtual airline.. Then I was wondering what those specs you posted were.. Then finally i got it..

Silly old me

I'll be going back to my corner now..
          -Zeypi / CX777 - Cathay Pacific VA Junior First Officer

Next Flights: FS2004
          EK332 DXB - MNL B77W
          NH001 IAD - NRT B77W
          NH007 SFO - NRT B77W
          NH009 JFK - NRT B77W
          NH011 ORD - NRT B77W

Comment

Operating Height: Minimum 36,000ft, Average 38,000ft, Maximum 42,000ft.
            Operating Speed: Regional: Min 430kts, Avg 440kts, Max: 460kts.
            That's pretty stupid. British Airways don't say for short flights we'll fly at 15,000ft all the time and for long-haul we'll fly at 38,000ft. It all depends on traffic, weather etc.

Comment

Originally posted by G-DALE
              Do you ever actually work? You're only a few months older than me and I have a job as an Admin like you and I can tell you I don't even have half of the free time I use to.

I honestly don't know where you find the time to daydream about all your virtual airlines and the other BS all day long if your occupation is as your profile says.
              I am an admin in a school, therefore I am approaching the end of six weeks holiday, and even if I wasn't on holiday, let's just say I make the most of the free time I do have.

And with a little bit of effort this could be a million miles away from a "daydream" which is one thing it certainly isn't whether it's successful or not.
              Originally posted by RingwaySam
              That's pretty stupid. British Airways don't say for short flights we'll fly at 15,000ft all the time and for long-haul we'll fly at 38,000ft. It all depends on traffic, weather etc.
              Well I don't fully understand how height works, I looked up the specifications of existing aircraft and they all seemed to have minimum, average and maximum.

Come on guys, let's not turn this thread sour, surely this can be done?
              DTVAirport

Comment

I am an admin in a school, therefore I am approaching the end of six weeks holiday, and even if I wasn't on holiday, let's just say I make the most of the free time I do have.

And with a little bit of effort this could be a million miles away from a "daydream" which is one thing it certainly isn't whether it's successful or not.
                Well I don't fully understand how height works, I looked up the specifications of existing aircraft and they all seemed to have minimum, average and maximum.

Come on guys, let's not turn this thread sour, surely this can be done?
                too late

Comment

Perhaps, but not too late to rescue it. I'd appreciate it if everyone could focus more on the idea itself from now on please.
                  DTVAirport

Comment

Perhaps, but not too late to rescue it. I'd appreciate it if everyone could focus more on the idea itself from now on please.
                    Maybe we should stick to the spotting and let... I give up

Comment

Originally posted by RingwaySam
                      Maybe we should stick to the spotting and let Boeing and Airbus make the planes?...
                      I bet somebody's gonna get pissed you left out Embraer.

Comment

Originally posted by JordanD
                        I bet somebody's gonna get pissed you left out Embraer.
                        Fixed.

Comment

....And Bombardier.

Comment

Why only the four of them ? Why don't I see Tupolev there ?
                            Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Because they are Russian.

Can someone please be more specific as to why they think this is not a good idea? Imagine what it would be like to fly an aircraft that you had a hand in creating?
                              DTVAirport

Comment

Working...
                              X