My Fs Is So Screwed Up!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Fs Is So Screwed Up!!!

OK PLEASE HELP!! I am so mad at this situation. So I received a new computer from my school, and I used my 4 FS2004 discs to re-install it on my new computer. Everything went fine during the installation process, but all of my add-on aircraft look totally messed up. The textures have patches and spots all over them. It's like the texture files got all mixed up or something, because on the fuselage I can see the wing texture or the landing gear texture, or textures from a whole seperate airline. When I say textures from a different airline I mean that the tail is a Northwest tail, the wing has the United logo on it, the fuselage has USAirways and Pan Am textures mixed together. The wierd thing is that every time I fly these aircraft the paintjob is different, always screwed up but always different. Another thing is the actual outside ground textures. Square lakes show up in the middle of airports, grass shows up where there should be lakes or deserts. It's just a mess. Everything works correctly though, it's just the texture problem. Keep in mind that everything I have on my flight simulator today, worked on my exact same FS on my old computer. Does anybody have any ideas???? I have tried re-installing it several times already! You guys are my only hope!!!

Maybe you could show some screenies?

Comment

Maybe all the textures and files and whatever got mixed up into the wrong folders? I don't see how that could happen. Ask over at fs2004.com/forums those people usually know.

Comment

That sucks. post a screen shot of the plane in all different colors, I want to know what it looks like.

http://www.youtube.com/DC3Vette - playing guitar

Comment

you know when I first got my new laptop from school I was having all sorts of texture problems. Water would appear and then suddenly dissapear from random places (that aren't supposed to have water). I figured that was just because when I went to install FS2004 one or two of the files didn't install from the CDs. Eventually I just gave up, installed fs 2002. HOwever, with the demo of FSX things seem to run just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by boeing744
            That sucks. post a screen shot of the plane in all different colors, I want to know what it looks like.
            Maybe PanAm came back and they merged with U.S.

Comment

try graphics drivers if nothing else works. I've had a few wierd pronlems and checking for new graphics drivers often does the trick.

Comment

likely graphic card drivers.. Either you need to update or you have a conflict between 2 sets of drivers. If you cant seem to fix it with new graphic card drivers try erasing ur fs9.cfg and letting fs9 build a new one on startup.

Comment

Working...
                X