Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOT Polish Airlines Boeing 737-300: Warsaw - Moscow - Warsaw

Hey,
    I did this flight yesterday and decided to share shots with you. It was one of the most dificult landings I've ever done due to strong crosswinds and bad weather. Anyway I hope you will enjoy the shots.

Part 1:

Airline: LOT Polish Airlines | Polskie Linie Lotnicze
    Aircraft: Boeing 737-300 (Wilco/FeelThere)
    Callsign: LOT 039
    Flight Number: LO039
    Flight time: 2:15
    Origin: Okęcie International Airport; Warsaw, Poland (EPWA)
    Destination: Sheremetyevo International Airport; Moscow, Russia (UUEE)
    Runway used for take off (Warsaw): 33
    Runway used for landing (Moscow): 25L

Well, my airplane was parked at the wrong airbridge (for 767s) so passengers had to board using stairs. Anyway, I was parked next to the LOT's Boeing 767-300 - the only heavy in EPWa at that time.

After programming FMC, completing all before flight procedures, we were pushed back and ready to start engines. The hangars that you can see in the background, are LOT's mainrennance - something like Lufthansa technik

So yeah. I entered the aircraft and took some pics of the cabin before boarding.

After pushback we begun the taxi to the active, which was (as usually) runway 33.

I should say that the weather was really crappy. Thunderstorms in the area, strong crosswinds, slippery runway, clouds, turbulences, heavy rain, icing etc. Flight was a challenge but it was fun and a great practise.

It was really hard to stay on the center line during take off. As i said strong crosswinds were a real pain in butt, pushing the 737 off the runway...

Soon, after take off we went into clouds and all we could see was a grey fog around us.

I left Warsaw with a bad weather and I hope to get something nicer in Moscow.

Btw, did I mention that there was a fog as well ? As you can see it was the worst weather you can have in Warsaw.

Breaking through some clouds, when flying over Warsaw's downtown.

At about 12000ft. we saw the blue sky for the first time today. However turbulences were really strong during the whole flight, so the seatbelt sign was never turned off.

Our cruising altitude for today was Fl320 and speed 298kias.

Just checking the map on one of the screens.

The route was simple as well. Take off from Warsaw, over Belarussian border, Minsk, Vitebsk, Russian border, landing in Moscow.

This dude down there, joined us on our descend. It was Aeroflot's Boeing 737-400 flight to Moscow, number 1 for landing. The distance between us was less than 1 mile !

Due to bad visibility and some clouds, first i decided to do an ILS approach, then after I get the runway in sight, I'll change it to visual.

Seen here, while turning on final.

On final, slowing down and getting closer to the airport. Some stormy clouds behind me.

Just over the t/d we hit some strong turbulence and the crosswing blew us away from the centerline, so trying to avoid going around, I decided to increase the speed and altitude, tunr right and center my jet again, which resulted in a late touchdown.

Almost there !

Due to crosswind I touched down half way down the runway. Thanks to autobrakes, spoilers, reversers I managed to stop just before the end of the runway, though the ATC wasn't impressed...

Turning on to the very last taxiway

Finally on the ramp, taxiing to the gate.

At the gate, waiting for stairs

I left the 737 at the gate for about 6 hours. Then I'll fly her back to Warsaw.

Part 2:

Airline: LOT Polish Airlines | Polskie Linie Lotnicze
    Aircraft: Boeing 737-300 (Wilco/FeelThere)
    Callsign: LOT 038
    Flight Number: LO038
    Flight time: 1:45
    Origin: Sheremetyevo International Airport; Moscow, Russia (UUEE)Destination: Okęcie International Airport; Warsaw, Poland (EPWA)
    Runway used for take off (Moscow): 25R
    Runway used for landing (Warsaw): 33

After 6 hours i retuned to my aircraft. It was a bit foggy in Moscow, but up there, in the sky it was nice and clear.

Seen here taxiing to the active (now 25R) with some nice sun lightning.

Holding short becasue of Aeroflot Airbus A310 landing.

On the runway, ready to go.

This is one of these days when you aks youself: "Do you really want to fly ?"

Take off was nice and smooth, though with some crosswind.

Positive rate of climb. Gear up!

Flying over the highway.

Leaving Moscow. handheld shot

Climbing to FL320.

Over Moscow. It's really hard to get a sharp night shot

That's why I love flying

Cruise shots:

Breathtaking sunset over eastern Europe

Passing a thunderstorm over Eastern Belarus. I got some turbulences from it :/

Descending to Warsaw airport. I will perform a visual approach to runway 33

You can always cound on EPWA spotters to get a nice night shot of your aircraft

Flying over "the filed" - my favourite spotting place in Warsaw

Just a bit below the glideslope.

Smooth touchdown on 33

Passing the main terminal, on our way to the gate.

This time I arrived at the correct gate, that perfectly fits the 737

Now she's gonna rest

And that's it for today's flight I hope you enjoyed these shots cause...

I got two bonuses for ya

First bonus are the cockpit shots of this 737 taken when she was parked in UUEE:

Main panel

With the throttle quadrant in the front

My seat

View from my seat

And finally as a bonus two I got a one shot that I reallllllllly like

Trip-seven climbing from Moscow. I named it "Touching the Heaven"

Thanks again for watching. I hope you enjoyed them.

Comments are welcomed.

nice shots!

Comment

Lovely shots, as ever!

Comment

WOW Amazing shots im jelous

Comment

awesome man!

Comment

Really wicked shots! And your running commentary can be quite amusing too!

Not seen any new shots for a while! Maybe it's just been me... but welcome back!
            Regards

Scott

Comment

Thanks people !! I was first confused when using Wilco's FMC and almost screwed up the landing. Thanks to the manual (Which are always usuful) I found out how to land using FMC. LOL but I hae to add that I had two landings in Moscow. I saved the game at 5000ft. and the first landing was all nice except on landing I hit the runway too hard and was not impressed so I tried one more time and shots show the second landing Nobody is perfect

Originally posted by Benyhone
              Really wicked shots! And your running commentary can be quite amusing too!

Not seen any new shots for a while! Maybe it's just been me... but welcome back!
              Wow somebody reads my comments Thank you. Glad you like them

I didn't post shots for a month cause I was away on my vacation. Thou you can see the Aeroflot Moscow-Monastir shots which are pretty cool too

Comment

Ah, another one of those "trip reports" that would kill my connection at work . Nice collection as always .

Comment

Everytime I see a post made by pkonowrocki, I know that it will be amazing. Just about the first landing...WTF was that???

Comment

Ahhh Here we are again. Patryk provided us some splendid screenshots, one is jealous already and so am I. 6 stars out of 6 ....Dude ! I enjoyed viewing them.

Your "That's why I love flying" image is the best.
                    Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

yeh I agree, never disappointed with pknowrocki's shots!
                      Regards

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
                        Ah, another one of those "trip reports" that would kill my connection at work . Nice collection as always .
                        Oh, I forgot to put "Warning 56k users" in the title. Well sorry for the ammount of picos but...I just loved them all and had to show you

Thank you everyone. I'm really happy to hear that you love my shots, cause I really enjoy flying, taking them, and editing, as well as writting the little report and uploading to jp.net

About the landing i was saying that I had two attempts. First was bad and I didn't like it so I tried landing again, from the point where I saved the game. You know weather was really bad and I just f****ed up the first landing

Anyway more shots to come soon, but I guess no sooner than next weekend.

Comment

Nice gallery, and delighful pics of the panels.
                          Alain
                          Thanks for visiting
                          *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                          *JetPhotos*
                          Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Working...
                          X