FSX Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FSX Questions

Hey guys, just a couple questions about FSX? If my framerates are pretty average for FS2004 are they going to be about the same in FSX? Also, is it mandatory that I have Windows Vista to run FSX? I've heard a few different answers in different places for these questions, but I wanted to hear your thoughts.

FSX will proberly murder your framerates, and vista isnt required i dont think

Comment

Originally posted by Sam at MAN
      FSX will proberly murder your framerates, and vista isnt required i dont think
      nope, vista isn't necessary, nor is a dual-core processor, but both are reccomended.

Comment

FSX will not require Vista. you can run it on XP but I think the minimums are something like a 1.8GHz processor and a lot of ram or else you will be looking at a series of stills called Microsoft in Flight.
        O'Hare - The Aviation God's greatest creation, or their greatest mistake? you be the judge!

Comment

Hey another question... do all airports that have jetways in real life have jetways in FSX?

Comment

I'm not sure that all of the airports have jetways.

The aviation laptops here are Dual Centrino's and apparently they will be putting vista on the laptops, I have Vista on my desktop now and all my games, including FS 2004 run amazing with it.

Comment

Originally posted by nwaA330
              Hey another question... do all airports that have jetways in real life have jetways in FSX?
              no, not all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisburns
                I'm not sure that all of the airports have jetways.

The aviation laptops here are Dual Centrino's and apparently they will be putting vista on the laptops, I have Vista on my desktop now and all my games, including FS 2004 run amazing with it.
                Are they putting Vista on the laptops as of now?

Comment

If you get mediocre frames now they are gonna suck in fsX. What kind of settings are you running with fs2004? (Of course they're gonna be bad with extremely dense scenery and AI set to like 100%)

Comment

I don't think Vista is out yet. I got my Dell laptop about a month ago and it came with XP. However I purchased enough RAM and a graphics card to run FSX.
                    Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

I think they said they will as soon as it comes out.

Comment

Working...
                      X