Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VATSIM signup

Hey.

I have been wanting to join online flying communties and always thought of VATSIM as the one I wanted to join.

The problem is that they want a paid-for email address, ie. not hotmail etc.

What am I supposed to do? Join AOL just for the sake of it?
    Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into jet intakes

Who do you pay your internet bill to?

Comment

I'm pretty sure it's BT.

not 100% sure coz I'm living at home for the moment with my family

Comment

Originally posted by Burrd255314
        I'm pretty sure it's BT.

not 100% sure coz I'm living at home for the moment with my family
        normally you're internet service provider will give you a few "free" e-mail accounts, you can use this kind of account to join VATSIM.

Comment

If you need an e-mail account I can set-up with an @xboxhighway.com e-mail account that can redirect to your Hotmail account etc.

Also once you join VATSIM be sure to fly up in Scotland since that's where I control. You might see me doing Heathrow as well when I get validated!

Comment

Why does VATSIM not allow free email addresses? Seems like a big pain in the ass to me.

Comment

Originally posted by JordanD
              Why does VATSIM not allow free email addresses? Seems like a big pain in the ass to me.
              I forget off hand

@Meekel: what position do you normally work and what times? I might fly in and mess with you one day

Comment

Originally posted by Chris@YYZ
                I forget off hand

@Meekel: what position do you normally work and what times? I might fly in and mess with you one day
                M8 you want a fly to London and mess wit me w3rd.
                -mattwigan.

Comment

Originally posted by JordanD
                  M8 you want a fly to London and mess wit me w3rd.
                  -mattwigan.

OH GOD NO!!!

WIGGY IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris@YYZ
                    I forget off hand

I'm usually on EGPH or EGPF APP between 1700z and 2200z most nights depending on traffic

Comment

Originally posted by Meekel
                      I'm usually on EGPH or EGPF APP between 1700z and 2200z most nights depending on traffic
                      sweet, I'll come and give you hell sometimes

Comment

will the xboxhighway.com one work?

Can you let me know a bit baout it?

Cheers,

Jay

Comment

I've never understood the world of online flying, it seems fun as hell! Can someone explain it to me? Thanks.
                          DTVAirport

Comment

Originally posted by bmiChris2k5
                            I've never understood the world of online flying, it seems fun as hell! Can someone explain it to me? Thanks.
                            Yeah it's good, but it can be complicated at first if you don't know what your doing. Basically you fly your routes with real flightplans, ATCO's etc.

You have to watch out though, alot take it very seriously. I was shouted at for taxiing at 26knts at MAN when it was empty

Anyway you should sign-up and give it ago, it's fun!

1) Sign-up with Vatsim
                            2) Download Squawkbox and enter your vatsim details
                            3) Start FS up and park at a gate
                            4) Connect to Vatsim. Make sure you connect when your at a gate rather than on the runway...
                            5) Find a real world flightplan or download FSNav, unless you have an FMC.
                            6) When you have filed your flightplan contact delievery for your clearence, if there's no delievery just contact ground and if there's no ground contact who ever is available.

After you have done all that you should be pretty much read - Ask ATC for your taxi and taxi to the active runway. When you have done that it's fairly simple!

If your not good at understanding people use text, as me and Christian found out voice isn't always good!

Originally posted by Burrd255314
                            will the xboxhighway.com one work?
                            Yeah maybe - Give it ago!

Comment

Originally posted by RingwaySam
                              Yeah it's good, but it can be complicated at first if you don't know what your doing. Basically you fly your routes with real flightplans, ATCO's etc.

You have to watch out though, alot take it very seriously. I was shouted at for taxiing at 26knts at MAN when it was empty

Anyway you should sign-up and give it ago, it's fun!

1) Sign-up with Vatsim
                              2) Download Squawkbox and enter your vatsim details
                              3) Start FS up and park at a gate
                              4) Connect to Vatsim. Make sure you connect when your at a gate rather than on the runway...
                              5) Find a real world flightplan or download FSNav, unless you have an FMC.
                              6) When you have filed your flightplan contact delievery for your clearence, if there's no delievery just contact ground and if there's no ground contact who ever is available.

After you have done all that you should be pretty much read - Ask ATC for your taxi and taxi to the active runway. When you have done that it's fairly simple!

If your not good at understanding people use text, as me and Christian found out voice isn't always good!

Yeah maybe - Give it ago!
                              Still sounds fun! A few questions though:

What is squawkbox?

For a real-world flightplan, could I just think of one from memory and enter it into Flight Sim without having to download FS Nav or anything?

What is FS Nav?

I can be an air traffic controller as well as a pilot can't I?

Is Vatsim the best or are there others?
                              DTVAirport

Comment

Working...
                              X