X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris@YYZ
    replied
    Originally posted by RingwaySam
    I always though that everybody used there isp email address, obviously not.
    so did I. you're paying money for the damn thing, you may as well get some use out of it.

Leave a comment:

• Sam at MAN
    replied
    I dont think i've ever done a serious flight on VATSIM, i always seem to get told of by controllers but its good fun

Leave a comment:

• RingwaySam
    replied
    Oh yeah, when's your new VA out? I think out of all of them you've only had a few members haven't you? Maybe it's time to invest some money into making a good one.

I always though that everybody used there isp email address, obviously not.

Leave a comment:

• DTVAirport
    replied
    [sarcasm]Yea, funny guy![/Sarcasm]

With regards to the e-mail address that comes with the ISP, I do have one, but I wouldn't know where to start looking for it, I'd be going back to the late 90's if I attemted to look for it, I'd have to go so deep into my computers hard drive I'd get lost!

Leave a comment:

• RingwaySam
    replied
    Originally posted by bmiChris2k5
    Freeserve - which then changed to Wanadoo which then was bought by Orange.
    Then you should have emails with them; [email protected]

Leave a comment:

• DTVAirport
    replied
    Freeserve - which then changed to Wanadoo which then was bought by Orange.

Leave a comment:

• Chris@YYZ
    replied
    Well I couldn't sign-up for VATSIM with my Windows Live Mail or Google Mail accounts so in the short term I'm with IVAO.

I think both websites need a serious overhaul.
    whats your internet provider? they'll usually give you some free e-mail addresses that will work for vatsim.

Leave a comment:

• YYZPICS
    replied
    Vatsim is top notch, I dont think you can beat it. The reason I think everyone flies online is to have a sense of realsim and to be serious. ATC is very nice and its fun when you get the jokers. If you just want to "Buzz around" or just fool around, play offline. Or play on vatsim when theres no ATC online

Leave a comment:

• DTVAirport
    replied
    Well I couldn't sign-up for VATSIM with my Windows Live Mail or Google Mail accounts so in the short term I'm with IVAO.

I think both websites need a serious overhaul.

Leave a comment:

• Chris@YYZ
    replied
    Seriously, VATSIM is definitly better IMO, much more "professional" but as Sam and I found out, sometimes VATSIM controllers can be rather entertaining

Aside from that, VATSIM gets about 346742376346073451x more traffic in ATC and Pilots as IVAO (in my experience) does, so it makes for a more realistic experience.

Originally posted by JordanD
    I don't think I really should talk bad about IVAO, as I've never used it, but I've heard they'll have 12 year olds running things who don't know what they're talking about. I heard of one "controller" asking a pilot what wilco meant.
    VATSIM is nice, but sometimes I think it's a little too serious for my tastes. I use neither.
    please leave this discussion as you have nothing to contribute.

[/vacanada.org forum moderator]

Leave a comment:

• JordanD
    replied
    Is IVAO any good then? I'm thinking I might start out on IVAO and when I get some XP upgrade to Vatsim?
    I don't think I really should talk bad about IVAO, as I've never used it, but I've heard they'll have 12 year olds running things who don't know what they're talking about. I heard of one "controller" asking a pilot what wilco meant.
    VATSIM is nice, but sometimes I think it's a little too serious for my tastes. I use neither.

Leave a comment:

• Chris@YYZ
    replied
    Is IVAO any good then? I'm thinking I might start out on IVAO and when I get some XP upgrade to Vatsim?
    IVAO is much bigger in east europe, but IMO VATSIM is still much better, you may as well start with the best.

Leave a comment:

• DTVAirport
    replied

Leave a comment:

• JordanD
    replied
    What does training consist of and how long does it last?
    Just go to IVAO. They'll take anyone. Litterally.

Leave a comment:

• Burrd255314
    replied
    wow!

can you set one up for me then?

Cheers

Jay

Leave a comment:

Working...
X