Flight Sim X mission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flight Sim X mission

I took some screen shots while doing a mission in flight sim X where you fly across the English Channel in IFR. I forget the names of the airports and I'm too lazy to re-open flight sim to find out so you're gonna have to deal

Holding short of the runway

Takeoff (duh)

"What kinda soup?"
    "CHUNKY!"

So the ILS really does lead to the runway

Short Final

EMU WINS!!!

Wow, that looks awesome! Im going to have to buy it soon, first I need to upgrade

Comment

Joe, you've gotta work on your taxi skills, or I'm not parking you when you visit KALB.... Stop on the T or no Jaguar crew car dude......

Comment

What, a poor junior pilot can afford FSX? Can't be your own then .

Comment

Now FS looks kind of like X-PLANE, just a little bit better. Still the same crappy model though. Nice shots though, the scenery's pretty cool.How were your framerates?

Comment

Looks good. I've been trying out the missions myself and have been enjoying them. They definitely add a nice little dimension to simply flying around in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by JJR
              Joe, you've gotta work on your taxi skills, or I'm not parking you when you visit KALB.... Stop on the T or no Jaguar crew car dude......
              You know what's funny...I still can't park a damn airplane very well. I never quite understood how I could grease it on on the runway centerline going 70, but I can't park it on a line going 4

Originally posted by JordanD
              Now FS looks kind of like X-PLANE, just a little bit better. Still the same crappy model though. Nice shots though, the scenery's pretty cool.How were your framerates?
              I dunno, the model isn't bad. I'm especially impressed with the thermals they put into this game, truely shows they've thought of pretty much everything.

Originally posted by Genessee
              Looks good. I've been trying out the missions myself and have been enjoying them. They definitely add a nice little dimension to simply flying around in the game.
              Yeah, I like how they designed the missions to show off what FSX has to offer. That being said, that Swedish soaring championship was friggin boring.

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
                Yeah, I like how they designed the missions to show off what FSX has to offer. That being said, that Swedish soaring championship was friggin boring.
                I haven't gotten that far yet. I still have the 'tin wings'. Someone will need to make a "Swedish Soaring Bikini Team" championship addon..

You know what's funny...I still can't park a damn airplane very well. I never quite understood how I could grease it on on the runway centerline going 70, but I can't park it on a line going 4
                Another one of lifes great mysteries ....

Comment

Originally posted by Genessee
                  I haven't gotten that far yet. I still have the 'tin wings'. Someone will need to make a "Swedish Soaring Bikini Team" championship addon..
                  FSX has been a great procrastination tool for me. When I do something like these missions I have to do them all in order, I think I'm about half way through. I wish instead of giving these bogus gifts, they actually let you unlock planes or something. That would be cool. Oh yeah, the african safari one sucks too. They make you look all over a park in africa for 1 baby elephant. Took me like an hour...and damn I hate those ultralights.

Comment

Joe what are the specs on the computer you're using? What kind of frames are you getting?

Comment

Originally posted by Crism
                      Joe what are the specs on the computer you're using? What kind of frames are you getting?
                      Dell D820

1.7 GHz Intel Core Duo Centrino processor with 1 gig RAM

80 gig hard drive

15.4" widescreen Display

NVidia G72M on 256-MB video memory

When I'm in cruise I get about 15 frames/sec, and when I get close to a busy airport/big city with lots of scenery it slows down to about 6 frames. Not perfect, but you can certainly keep playing. Overall I'm quite pleased with it.

Comment

Looks very realistic! I am buying a copy today.
                        sigpic
                        http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Looks very real. Love the quality Joe. Amazed and jealous
                          Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Dell D820

1.7 GHz Intel Core Duo Centrino processor with 1 gig RAM

80 gig hard drive

15.4" widescreen Display

NVidia G72M on 256-MB video memory

When I'm in cruise I get about 15 frames/sec, and when I get close to a busy airport/big city with lots of scenery it slows down to about 6 frames. Not perfect, but you can certainly keep playing. Overall I'm quite pleased with it.

I've been doing some benchmarking with FSX, and it seems the big bottleneck is with the graphics cards.

I'm getting about 50 to 60% CPU (on Core1) and 10 to 20% CPU (on Core2) used, and approx 83% RAM used (of 2GB OCZ Platinum XTC). The video cards (I can't tell the difference between the two, if FSX even uses both) seem to really get bogged down.

I'll have to try a new set of video cards and see what happens

Comment

FSX mission of 747 landing in Singapore is difficult

Comment

Working...
                              X