Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genessee
    replied
    I haven't done it yet. I just finished the first soaring one. Took me quite a while to do that one :/

Leave a comment:

• screaming_emu
    replied
    Originally posted by Genessee
    Some are easier after completing a previous mission as well as some use techniques and tips from the previous one.
    yeah...you tried to land the chopper on the back of the yacht yet? F***ing eh that's hard. I got so lucky on that, I landed and slid in underneath the other deck above the chopper pad. Somehow the rotors didn't hit anything and I passed it.

Leave a comment:

• Genessee
    replied
    Some are easier after completing a previous mission as well as some use techniques and tips from the previous one.

Leave a comment:

• screaming_emu
    replied
    Originally posted by FlyingPhotog
    I've flown that mission too. I love all the new missions. Have you done the 744 high-altitude approach to Quito Ecuador yet? Or the 744 approach to Changi in a monsoon? Yikes!

I love the compass feature in the corner. With no real-world pilot experience myself, I'm using the instrument panels more in FSX than ever before.
    yeah, I did that one. Almost cut a few trees a bit shorter

I have the non-delux version and have knocked out all the missions up until, but not including, the helicopter mission in NZ where you have to look for a lost sailboat. I hate the choppers, but I gotta do all the missions, in the order they're given...otherwise it bugs me.

Leave a comment:

• FlyingPhotog
    replied
    I've flown that mission too. I love all the new missions. Have you done the 744 high-altitude approach to Quito Ecuador yet? Or the 744 approach to Changi in a monsoon? Yikes!

I love the compass feature in the corner. With no real-world pilot experience myself, I'm using the instrument panels more in FSX than ever before.

Leave a comment:

• Electric-Jet
    replied
    I like how the new one has missions. I can't wait to get it.

Leave a comment:

• JordanD
    replied
    Originally posted by pbateson
    FSX mission of 747 landing in Singapore is difficult
    Yup.

Leave a comment:

• pbateson
    replied
    FSX mission of 747 landing in Singapore is difficult

Leave a comment:

• Genessee
    replied
    Originally posted by screaming_emu
    Dell D820

1.7 GHz Intel Core Duo Centrino processor with 1 gig RAM

80 gig hard drive

15.4" widescreen Display

NVidia G72M on 256-MB video memory

When I'm in cruise I get about 15 frames/sec, and when I get close to a busy airport/big city with lots of scenery it slows down to about 6 frames. Not perfect, but you can certainly keep playing. Overall I'm quite pleased with it.

I've been doing some benchmarking with FSX, and it seems the big bottleneck is with the graphics cards.

I'm getting about 50 to 60% CPU (on Core1) and 10 to 20% CPU (on Core2) used, and approx 83% RAM used (of 2GB OCZ Platinum XTC). The video cards (I can't tell the difference between the two, if FSX even uses both) seem to really get bogged down.

I'll have to try a new set of video cards and see what happens

Leave a comment:

• MaxPower
    replied
    Looks very real. Love the quality Joe. Amazed and jealous

Leave a comment:

• Crunk415balla
    replied
    Looks very realistic! I am buying a copy today.

Leave a comment:

• screaming_emu
    replied
    Originally posted by Crism
    Joe what are the specs on the computer you're using? What kind of frames are you getting?
    Dell D820

1.7 GHz Intel Core Duo Centrino processor with 1 gig RAM

80 gig hard drive

15.4" widescreen Display

NVidia G72M on 256-MB video memory

When I'm in cruise I get about 15 frames/sec, and when I get close to a busy airport/big city with lots of scenery it slows down to about 6 frames. Not perfect, but you can certainly keep playing. Overall I'm quite pleased with it.

Leave a comment:

• Crism
    replied
    Joe what are the specs on the computer you're using? What kind of frames are you getting?

Leave a comment:

• screaming_emu
    replied
    Originally posted by Genessee
    I haven't gotten that far yet. I still have the 'tin wings'. Someone will need to make a "Swedish Soaring Bikini Team" championship addon..
    FSX has been a great procrastination tool for me. When I do something like these missions I have to do them all in order, I think I'm about half way through. I wish instead of giving these bogus gifts, they actually let you unlock planes or something. That would be cool. Oh yeah, the african safari one sucks too. They make you look all over a park in africa for 1 baby elephant. Took me like an hour...and damn I hate those ultralights.

Leave a comment:

• Genessee
    replied
    Yeah, I like how they designed the missions to show off what FSX has to offer. That being said, that Swedish soaring championship was friggin boring.
    I haven't gotten that far yet. I still have the 'tin wings'. Someone will need to make a "Swedish Soaring Bikini Team" championship addon..

You know what's funny...I still can't park a damn airplane very well. I never quite understood how I could grease it on on the runway centerline going 70, but I can't park it on a line going 4
    Another one of lifes great mysteries ....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X