Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My trip from Warsaw (Poland) to Murmansk (Russia) [2 flights]

Hello!

During the weekend I had this idea to visit the "end of the world" - Murmansk in Russia. For those who do not know, murmansk is located in the far north of Russia, at about 69degree north, close to the Finnish border. Because it is so clsoe to the north pole, half of the year it is night and half of the year it is day which means that in december for 24 hours you have night and in june for 24 hours you have day. Crazy eh?

Anyway I had to do two flight because there is not dircet connetion from Warsaw. So first I flew from Warsaw to St. Petersburg on LOT and then from St. Petersburg to Murmansk on Pulkovo Aviation.

So here are the shots:

#1 LOT Polish Airlines Boeing 737-300: Warsaw -> St. Petersburg

Aircraft: Boeing 737-300
    Airline: LOT Polish Airlines
    Callsign: LOT058
    Flight No: LO058
    Pax: 130
    Crew: 2 pilots; 4 f/a
    Fuel: 40%
    Fuel left: 11%
    Cruising altitude: 32000ft (FL320)
    Cruising speed: 290kias
    Distance: about 600nm
    Origin: Okecie International Airport; Warsaw; Poland (EPWA)
    Destination: Pulkovo International Airport; St. Petersburg; Russia (ULLI)
    Runway used for take-off (EPWA): 33
    Runway used for landing (ULLI): 10R Visual

Boarding at the gate 10 early in the morning before a 1.5 hour flight to St. Petersburg

Take off from runway 33

Banking right shortly after take off.

Steep climb to FL320

Over the city of Warszawa - my hometown

Some sun to warm up this cold, winter morning

Now climbing above the clouds

Cruising at FL320

Baltic Sea balow us.

Descending and slowing down using speed brakes

Green down, flaps 30. Short final

On final. City of St. Petersburg (earlier Leningrad) can be seen in the background

Some crosswind. Can somebody tell me where the heck are PAPI ???

Almost there.

Parked at the gate. Now I have about two hours till next boarding.

That's it for the first flight. Now second.

#2 Pulkovo Aviation Tupolev TU-134-3: St. Petersburg -> Murmansk

Aircraft: Tupolev TU-134-3
    Airline: Pulkovo Aviation
    Callsign: Pulkovo 621
    Flight No: PV621
    Pax: 30
    Crew: 2 pilots; 2 f/a
    Fuel: 50%
    Fuel left: 8%
    Cruising altitude: 30000ft (FL300)
    Cruising speed: 300kias
    Distance: about 600nm
    Origin: Pulkovo International Airport; St. Petersburg; Russia (ULLI)
    Destination: Murmansk Airport; Murmansk; Russia (ULNN)
    Runway used for take-off (ULLI): 24R
    Runway used for landing (ULNN): 24 Visual

Boarding at the gate.

Positive rate of climb .Gear up (sounds funny in Russian LMAO)

Hello Mr. Navigator !

No comments...half of the gauges did not work, the other was working incorrectly...but we made it

Cruising at FL300

Slowing down...glad I can see everything...

She's coming - the only plane to land in Murmansk in three days...

Coming with some crazyass crosswinds (up to 30knots) btw. accoring to thermometer which was the only thing towork properly in the cockpit, it was -40 degrees when we landed...daaaammmmm

Touchdown. In Murmansk pilots do not try to land on a centerline - they try to land on the runway....

Btw. This Tupolev had no spoilers and no reversers and the rudder was not working...f*cking Russian technology

Slowing down using differential brakes to keep her on the runway...

Beautiful sky - snapped when I was leaving the aircraft, before the batteries in my camera froze...

Parked at the only terminal in the next 500km...

Who said that AN225's panel is confusing

you should get yourself the IL62...that's the most confusing panel i've ever come across! wish they did it up in english. nice pics!

next trips
    USA/DXB August.

Comment

^^ Nice panel. Why english, they should keep it as original as possible just for the realism of the game.

Lucky passenger got a first class view.

Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Pat, you've ever been to Murmansk?

Comment

Great shots Patryk! I see what you mean now about the panel

Cheers,

Dale

Comment

I like the shots, TU-134 especially. Downloading the 134 now.

Comment

Originally posted by Longreach747
              you should get yourself the IL62...that's the most confusing panel i've ever come across! wish they did it up in english. nice pics!
              When I actually saw that panel today after downloading, I clicked "ecs" as soon as I could. Man that's scarry lol. :loL:
              Originally posted by MaxPower
              Lucky passenger got a first class view.
              Nope it's not a passenger. It's a navigator's seat
              [photoid=561023]
              best seat ever !!!
              Originally posted by Crism
              Pat, you've ever been to Murmansk?
              Nope never. My grandma was once.

Thanks for comments everyone. I'm doing another Russian flight today :P

Comment

*kicks his own crappy PC in envy*
                Some time, I'm gonna fly to YYZ and steal that computer of yours, be prepared .

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
                  *kicks his own crappy PC in envy*
                  Some time, I'm gonna fly to YYZ and steal that computer of yours, be prepared .
                  LOL you'll steal it from my sister I'm getting a new one really soon and this one will go to my sis to avoid dying on the junkyard.

Btw. I forgot to tell you how hard it was to cruise woth Tupolev. I think I did not set the Autopilot properly so every 5 minutes the airplane was diving or making sharp turns forcing me to take some rapid movements woth my yoke. Geez I feel sorry for Russian pilots

Comment

Originally posted by pkonowrocki
                    Nope it's not a passenger. It's a navigator's seat
                    [photoid=561023]
                    best seat ever !!!
                    Thats awesome. I noticed the little eletric fan on the left side. Very typical on russian and ukranian manufactured aircrafts. I have seen it on AN-12 and IL-86 at flightlevel350.com

Looking forward to view your second russian flight. Thanks for sharing, Patryk.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxPower
                      I noticed the little electric fan on the left side. Very typical on russian and ukranian manufactured aircrafts. I have seen it on AN-12 and IL-86 at flightlevel350.com
                      What is it with all these little features? Green coloured cockpits, which are said to help calm the flight crew and electric fans to cool them down. No wonder they keep crashing all the time.... They're too relaxed!

Cheers,

Dale

Comment

Fav. An 12 video.

Originally posted by G-DALE
                        What is it with all these little features? Green coloured cockpits, which are said to help calm the flight crew and electric fans to cool them down. No wonder they keep crashing all the time.... They're too relaxed!

Cheers,

Dale
                        Hahaha. Former Soviet style. Cool and relaxing in the communist way. Pah.

This video has been posted here before, it's all featured here.

Notice all the stuff at the "dashboard". Poor visibility but nice flown anyway.

Comment

LOL sorry guys there will be no second flight....or maybe there will but later. I crashed when approaching... shame on me

I was flying a Volga-Dnepr Air Bridge Cargo Boeing 747-200 from Moscow to Murmansk with a special cargo load. I was approaching ULMM at 7pm with a very strong wind, huge snowfall, -40 degrees and fog. I've lost control over the aircraft which made a 360 degree turn and sunk and crahsed into the forest about 8miles south-west from ULMM........

I will post shots from another flight that I will do later this week.

Comment

LOL sorry guys there will be no second flight....or maybe there will but later. I crashed when approaching... shame on me
                            You were too relaxed with that green coloured cockpit and electric fan huh?

Comment

I was flying a Volga-Dnepr Air Bridge Cargo Boeing 747-200 from Moscow to Murmansk with a special cargo load. I was approaching ULMM at 7pm with a very strong wind, huge snowfall, -40 degrees and fog. I've lost control over the aircraft which made a 360 degree turn and sunk and crahsed into the forest about 8miles south-west from ULMM........
                              Pilot Error. Always the human factor, that's the problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X