My solution to stop most of the FSX threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My solution to stop most of the FSX threads

Hello guys, i've noticed alot of 'can my computer run FSX' threads. So i have a solution

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest

Just go on there and test it I tested FSX and my computer video card wasnt good enough

That's a good website but only takes note of the "minimum system requiremts". To run FSX you need a lot more than the min unfortunaley to run at it a reasonable standard.

Comment

All i can say is i am glad i havnt wasted some hard earned pounds on it i "aquired" FSX Deluxe and to get it running smoothly on my system i had to have everything on low which made FS9 look tons better i uninstalled it within the hour.

Specs
      Pentium Dual Core 3.20
      2gb DDr2 Ram
      Nvidia 7800GTX 256mb
      XP

Comment

Fatgit,

Thanks very much mate, you just saved me 59.95. If you had to have everything on low setting, then my P4 3.2Gb, 1Gb DDR RAM, ATI X550, Win XPSP2 equipped machine probably won't run FSX to the standard that I want. I'll be sticking with FS9.

This, by the way was after running the check software that said that I would have no problems. What the hell are M$ up to releasing software that won't run on what most people would regard as reasonably high end machines ?

Brian.
        Last edited by brianw999; 2006-10-30, 12:00. Reason: extra text.
        If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Hopefully after crimbo my comp will be up to it

Comment

Originally posted by Sam at MAN
            Hopefully after crimbo my comp will be up to it
            Nah, wait until Vista and DX10 come up.

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999
              Fatgit,

Thanks very much mate, you just saved me 59.95. If you had to have everything on low setting, then my P4 3.2Gb, 1Gb DDR RAM, ATI X550, Win XPSP2 equipped machine probably won't run FSX to the standard that I want. I'll be sticking with FS9.

This, by the way was after running the check software that said that I would have no problems. What the hell are M$ up to releasing software that won't run on what most people would regard as reasonably high end machines ?

Brian.
              no problem m8 battlefield 2 was meant to be a hungry program but i can run that @1280x1024 with everything maxed out graphics wise

Comment

Working...
              X