autoland and landing a commercial jet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• autoland and landing a commercial jet

Do default/inhouse FSX aircrafts have an autoland feature, that is using the autopilot to land the aircraft? If not, can you recommend panels that have this feature compatible with FSX?

Also, where can we find resources to descend and land a commercial jet for flight simulator?

Hello A330340wather,

I have not used FSX, but in FS9 airplanes just have the Approach mode, but cannot complete an autoland.

Check for panels at www.avsim.net or www.flightsim.com also for resources

Comment

I think Level-D Sim. Boeing 767-300 has the autoland feature. Although it's payware it is worth it's money. I ma not sure about because I jsut perform an ILS and then touchdown by hand. Is autoland really that usuful ?

Comment

If you want to fly a CATIIIc approach then its useful... I have never run into this kind of wx in fs though, unless you set it yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by JSchraub
          If you want to fly a CATIIIc approach then its useful... I have never run into this kind of wx in fs though, unless you set it yourself.
          Me nether. I always do CATII and that's it. Never did CATIII

Comment

I did Manchester - Rovaniemi the other day but had to land after 2 unsuccesful landing attempts. I was at 200ft agl and still couldn't see the runway so I just aborted and finally diverted. That was normal RWW with ActiveSky!

Comment

How do you do a CATIII in the Level-D?

Comment

Just press the approach button... You have to make sure that the left, center, and right autopilots are engaged and the auto throttle is engaged and set for final approach speed. Then just watch the plane do everything. My FS and Active sky suck. The metar could read 1/4 vis and ovc at 100 and when I am a mile from the airport I can see it perfectly fine. Guess my settings are wrong..

Comment

Working...
                X