Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joysticks

Hi Guys,

Seeing as Christmas is approaching and i've not thought of anything to get, I though i'd go for a new joystick. I've looked at the Saitek X52 but quiet fancy a CH Yoke, Rudder and maybe a throttle quadrant, although the one on the yoke looks like it's in an crappy position?

Can anybody suggest anything else? And if you have the CH Yoke would you please post a picture of the throttle on it...

Cheers,
    Sam

I have the Saitek X52, its great!

If you get the CH Yoke, be sure that it is the newer version. The older one was very flawed I've heard all over the internet. The new one is great.

If you're willing to spend some more cash on them, these are probably your best choices. This new yoke, Advanced Flight Control System III , is very expensive, but replicates the feel of a yoke on a commercial jet, and carrys out similar functions.

As for a throttle, how about this? This TQ-6 Throttle System from Goflight includes a flap handle and spoiler lever. Its about $400, but can attach nicely wit goflights other products and make you a very nice center councle.

They can be found, along with other things, at http://www.simpilot.com/avsim.htm
    sigpic
    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Cheers Chasen. I may just get the Saitek X52 for now, then maybe get the yoke and rudder in a few months.

Comment

Get the yoke, its well mint.

Comment

X52 all the way

Comment

I own the CH Yoke for about a year now and i got only one problem with it. One of the mounting thingies broke so it's kinda loose when I attach it to the table. But can be fixed with a bit of paper lol. The throttle on it is ok. Just a bit small. You have three levelers. One for thrust, one for mixture and one for fuel (i guess). Thou I changed them to thurst, flaps and spoilers. Personaly I like and would recommend it to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by pkonowrocki
              I own the CH Yoke for about a year now and i got only one problem with it. One of the mounting thingies broke so it's kinda loose when I attach it to the table. But can be fixed with a bit of paper lol. The throttle on it is ok. Just a bit small. You have three levelers. One for thrust, one for mixture and one for fuel (i guess). Thou I changed them to thurst, flaps and spoilers. Personaly I like and would recommend it to anyone.
              One of the three levers is for the pitch of the prop if you're flying a plane that has a controllable pitch prop.

Comment

Originally posted by pkonowrocki
                Personally, I mapped the three levers to thrust reverse, tiller and of course throttle control, from left to right (I couldn't stand the throttle being on the left -- too inaccessible). For that price, it doesn't get any better.

Comment

Originally posted by CanadianDC10
                  (I couldn't stand the throttle being on the left -- too inaccessible).
                  Ya, unless you're flying a fighter or something of the sort, the throttle will almost always be on your right if you're in the left seat. The X52 has a great throttle, but when flying airliners in flight sim I'd much rather have a yoke such as CH's model.
                  sigpic
                  http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Working...
                  X