Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just got FSX, PC running it like CRAP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got FSX, PC running it like CRAP!!!

No one ever answered my topic earlier, but I guess I've had to find out the hard way.

It says that the minimum speed required is 1.0 Ghz, my PC is a 2.4Ghz. (Although it did say the recommended speed is 2.8Ghz) Do you think there is something wrong with the PC or is it just too slow?

How much memory do you have? What graphics card do you have? That is probably where the majority of the problem is.

Comment

I honestly think that FSX is junk on any computer nowadays. Wait about 2 years and you should be good.

Comment

FSX runs decent on my computer on the medium settings, full max i get .02 FPS im maxing out at about 21FPS now on my 3.0 P4, 128mb Graphics (just got a 512 for xmas, so i have to install that), 1.5gb ram, 120GB HD, and so fourth, ill let you know when i have my 512 in there.

Comment

All i can say is i am glad i havnt wasted some hard earned pounds on it i "aquired" FSX Deluxe and to get it running smoothly on my system i had to have everything on low which made FS9 look tons better i uninstalled it within the hour.

Specs
          Pentium Dual Core 3.20
          2gb DDr2 Ram
          Nvidia 7800GTX 256mb
          XP
          From a post i made in another thread

Comment

The Minimum requirements are just that, the requirements for minimum settings. Turn everything down to sh!t and you should get a reasonable output.

And sorry, but I did subscribe to one of your threads, telling you to go to the site Sam recommended that analyses your system and shows you the minimum and recommended requirements, and also where your system sits on the table performance-wise.
            Regards

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Crism
              I honestly think that FSX is junk on any computer nowadays. Wait about 2 years and you should be good.
              IDK... I just got FSX and a new HP laptop and It is amazing..... I am running at an average of 25 fps at every graphics category at ultra high.
              O'Hare - The Aviation God's greatest creation, or their greatest mistake? you be the judge!

Comment

Ah..join the club...friggin GeForce 7900 here with 512mb on board and it runs er...ok.

Think my Sempron 3100 is the weak link though here as i've also got 1gb ram on board.

At least it runs FS9 well.

Comment

Working...
                X