FSX MD83-anyone able to unlock it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FSX MD83-anyone able to unlock it?

Has anyone been able to make the default AI MD83 useable? I saw someone did it with Dash 8. Thanks for the help.

Originally posted by Bok269
    Has anyone been able to make the default AI MD83 useable? I saw someone did it with Dash 8. Thanks for the help.
    This is not intended to be fecicious- have you heard of downloading addons?

Comment

Originally posted by Star Alliance
      This is not intended to be fecicious- have you heard of downloading addons?
      I have, but there is neither a payware nor freeware MD83 that is FSX compatible that I am aware of. Also, since it was designed by Microsoft for FSX, I figure it would be better than any addon.

Comment

I have, but there is neither a payware nor freeware MD83 that is FSX compatible that I am aware of. Also, since it was designed by Microsoft for FSX, I figure it would be better than any addon.
        Whoa whoa whoa no no no, the default stuff you get with MSFS is crap!!!!!!!! Freeware stuff maybe not as good, but a good payware model like the Level-D 767 would beat it any day!

Comment

well, first of all, its rather easy to make an AI model flyable, all you need to do is add a [flightsim.x] section to the configuration file.

second of all, as a rule of thumb for all computer sims, the default stuff usually sucks, stick as much as you can with add ons.

If I get a chance later I'll have a go at making the MD-83 flyable and I'll post it if I can get it to work, mind you there wont be a virtual cockpit or a panel.

Comment

Thanks for the help. I figure that since the model is there I might as well use it, especially considering I couldnt find an add on MD83.

Comment

Thanks for the help. I figure that since the model is there I might as well use it, especially considering I couldnt find an add on MD83.
              I guess the FS2004 models would work in FSX. There's a good one by SGA on avsim.

Comment

Originally posted by JordanD
                I guess the FS2004 models would work in FSX. There's a good one by SGA on avsim.
                Could be, but I think many dont.

Comment

All FS9 planes, sounds, gauges, and scenery I had work perfectly in FSX. The SGA model is FAR better than microsofts default MD83.

And as long as we're on the AI topic, how do you make AI-Aardvark aircraft flyable? The newer models, such as the 737NG, are always hidden.
                  sigpic
                  http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Originally posted by Crunk415balla
                    All FS9 planes, sounds, gauges, and scenery I had work perfectly in FSX. The SGA model is FAR better than microsofts default MD83.

And as long as we're on the AI topic, how do you make AI-Aardvark aircraft flyable? The newer models, such as the 737NG, are always hidden.
                    Any in particular you reccomend?

Comment

Something with the .air file or something. I think there might be an update that makes them show up in the aircraft menu. The Kittyhawk 737 is probably better if you want something flyable.

Comment

all you have to do is add a [Flightsim.x] Section at the top of the aircraft.cfg file, because its the section that the FS menus look for when loading the aircraft lists.

Comment

Most FS 2004 planes work in FSX.

Comment

Thisis what you need to change in oreder to fly AI in FS9....FSX should be similiar:

[fltsim.x] <---- the nest available number
                            title=McDonnell-Douglas/Boeing MD-83 <---- change or leave
                            sim=MD_83 <---- don't touch
                            model= <--- leave blank as long as the model folder has no extension
                            panel= <---- just put like 734 panel
                            sound= <---- jsut put like 734 soudns or something
                            texture= <---- make sure it is the same as the name of the folder with the selected textures
                            kb_checklists=MD_83_check <----- name of teh checklsit file
                            kb_reference=MD_83_ref <------ name of the reference file
                            atc_id=N700MS <-----the registration of your jet
                            atc_id_color=0xffffffff <----- never really messed with it
                            atc_airline=Soar <------ callsign
                            atc_flight_number=1123 <-------- your flight number
                            ui_manufacturer=McDonnell-Douglas/Boeing <--------- The name taht you will belooknig for in th aircraft menu
                            ui_type="MD-83" <-- type
                            ui_variation="Soar Airlines" <--- airline name

Comment

yeah, that ought to do^

Comment

Working...
                              X