Freeware charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freeware charts

Is this an oxymoron? Or is there somewhere I could find them. I assumed FSX would come preloaded with them all but I appear to be wrong.

Hey
    If you are looking for freeware charts then I suggest vatsim.net: www.vatsim.net
    Just go to Pilot Resource centre and select "charts"
    If you want something a bit better then there are payware by Jeppesen. Not really a fan of them but I have a binder filled with them somewhere :P

Comment

Great thanks. IM thinking about paying for a year of Jeppeson and printing them all out.

Comment

www.fscharts.com is, let's say descent. It provides approach charts for some airports which is good. However for others it just gives a zoomed in version of what you see on the GPS in FS. See what ya think anyway...

Cheers,

Dale
        Last edited by G-DALE; 2007-01-21, 20:33. Reason: Typo - spelling 'descent' instead of 'decent.' I've just finished playing FS so I'm still in the 'flying' mood hehe...

Comment

Originally posted by Bok269
          printing them all out.
          With Jeppesen I had some problems with the paper size...I mean not all charts fit on the standard sheet of paper...

Comment

Originally posted by pkonowrocki
            With Jeppesen I had some problems with the paper size...I mean not all charts fit on the standard sheet of paper...
            Good point. Small price to pay for not having to keep a subscription.

Comment

www.myairplane.com has all USA ones. Canada ones can be found the the respective FIR/ARTCC, and I think that goes for pretty much all the ATC regions, you can find charts on their sites. If not, you could probably find them someplace else.

Comment

Airnav.com also has all of the Charts for the US along with the radio information and field info for every airport in the US....
                O'Hare - The Aviation God's greatest creation, or their greatest mistake? you be the judge!

Comment

You could go to your local FBO and make friends with them.. Each month they send back a crap load of charts that they don't sell that have become outdated. You'll have to make friends with them in order for them to give them to you.. Talk to a CFI not the owner. Some CFI's are pretty cool. It also helps if you have taken lessons with them..

Comment

Working...
                  X