Best way to learn to fly jets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to learn to fly jets

As ive told you before, Im using the lessons in FSX to learn to fly. Ive gotten fed up with them sinc they seem to be of poor quality. The final straw was the shortfield takeoff lesson that had the plane takeoff literally on the field (next to the runway). My goal is to learn to fly a jet properly. Any suggestions?

Originally posted by Bok269
    My goal is to learn to fly a jet properly. Any suggestions?
    years of schooling

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
      years of schooling
      LOL

Just in case there was any misunderstanding i meant virtualy.

Comment

Well practise, practise and more practise. I started flying in 2000 when I was 10 on Flight SIm 2000 lol. However I actaulyl learnt how to fly properly on FS2004, about three years ago. So it took me four years to work everything out lol. What you need is patience. Learn the basics of autopilot, ILS approaches, reading the charts, flaps, etc. The lessons in FS are retarded so I wouldnt really bother doing them...though I passed the Commercial Pilot checkride in FS2004
        So as I said go to Learning Center and read and practise. Good luck.

Comment

Just practice.

Comment

Thanks. Does VATSIM have any resources.

Comment

Originally posted by Bok269
              Thanks. Does VATSIM have any resources.
              practice like no tomorrow lol

VATSIM has the PRC (pilots resource center) which can be accessed from www.vatsim.net

Comment

yeah, just do some practicing. Print out and follow the checklists they have in the game. Also, while the lessons might suck, they're probably the best way to learn about things like ILS, VORs, GPS, etc.

Comment

Working...
                X